stroker crate motor

-

dust buster

dust buster
Reaction score
Going to buy a 360 stroker for my 1975 Duster, has anyone had experience with Carolina Machine Engines?

Going to buy a 360 stroker for my 1975 Duster, has anyone had experience with Carolina Machine Engines?
Robert, no help here, but welcome to the site! Lots of knowledgeable people here. I'm over here in Penfield, & I have a '75 Scamp Brougham with a 318. How about some pics of your Duster?

i will try to post some pics later tonight, by the way just changed my name from robert sherwin to dust buster

View attachment 1715095333
i will try to post some pics later tonight, by the way just changed my name from robert sherwin to dust buster

75ply81111-1.jpg

75ply81111-4_t.jpg

Welcome to FABO. Real nice Duster you've got.

CME engines are Great. Just ran my 360 CME last night at Raceway. Running a pegleg rear till winter.Too much
motor for 7.25 pegleg. Turned 16.4 smoking tires till
half way down the track. Lots of power, little traction

CME engines are Great. Just ran my 360 CME last night at Raceway. Running a pegleg rear till winter.Too much
motor for 7.25 pegleg. Turned 16.4 smoking tires till
half way down the track. Lots of power, little traction
I had CME rebuild the matching number 318 for my Shelby Dakota. The stock engine had 170hp when new. After rebuild, pro comp heads, mild comp cam, eddie RPM, 680 Quick Fuel carb it dyno'd at 347hp/358ft#. The only down side I ran into was time. they initially quoted 6-8wks, but ended up being nearly 3 months. don't know if that is typical or if it had to do with the custom build. very happy with the performance.

Thanks to all of you who replied, I will be ordering the 375hp CME motor sometime this week

Have you read some of the Google reviews, a lot within the last year, seem to be a few not so happy regarding length of time to get. Something I dealt with before I went another route. Quality isn't the issue from all I've read in the past, just delivery time problems. Hopefully you have a good deal with them.

-
Back