Stroker kit..440 Source or Eagle?

-

68Valiant440

Reaction score
Looking to buy a stroker kit to make my 440 500"'s....
Who do you guys recommend....440source or Eagle Spec..???

Either one is fine but neither should be ordered balanced or run "out of the box". The rods should be cycled and big ends checked, the small ends properly honed to fit the pins, the cranks should be very carefully measured to make sure the taper they more-than-likely will have is acceptable or not, and the crank snout should be measured to make sure the balancer will fit properly.

Either one is fine but neither should be ordered balanced or run "out of the box". The rods should be cycled and big ends checked, the small ends properly honed to fit the pins, the cranks should be very carefully measured to make sure the taper they more-than-likely will have is acceptable or not, and the crank snout should be measured to make sure the balancer will fit properly.

So your saying buy it and get my machine shop to balance it? Eagle isnt that good at balancing? They charge alot to do it!!

I can get a better deal on the Eagle kit already balanced then i can the 440S they same way..I was leaning towards the Eagle knowing i have used thier cast stuff before and it was kind strong and took some abuse.
I can imaging how strong the forged stuff is.I have friends that run Eagle stuff for ford and chevy but im the only Mopar guy.

Thanks
Adam

personaly i looked at both in length and a few others.the 440 source kit sounds good but if there is any problems like the retainers or locks in their heads you wont know it till its spinning in your blcok you spend good money to machine.
im am running their heads i know what im talking about

during my hunt i called indy and thier kit sounds good a couple hundred bux cheaper than 440 source at 1720 bux.the eagle set up im not sure the price off hand

Your saying to buy a kit not balanced and then have my machine shop balance it for me? Eagle isnt good at balancing thier kits?

-
Back