Reaction score
Need to replace mine any tips? never dones these before should I use
poly or rubber?
Thanks

Need to replace mine any tips? never dones these before should I use
poly or rubber?
Thanks
I'd vote MOOG rubber....
You have to remover the LCA to remove the strut rod....gonna be a little work....
And, while you're at it......!!!!!

Jeff

Loosen the front nuts before taking them loose from the control arm. You really need an impact for these. Be sure and remove the roll pins or cotter pins from the front of the rods. The cup of the washers is supposed to face outward to allow for a free arc of travel. Clean the threads with a wire brush and apply PB blaster.

I also use Moog. Poly will squeak.
Mike Z.
I have poly on my entire car minus engine and trans mounts with ZERO squeaks.
Especially to do with strut rods I don't want my toe moving around any more than the suspension travel causes.

Exactly the same as TB for me.
Poly rules.
If it does, or did, squeak How would I know? I'm way to busy listening to my horses a-stamping and a-snorting, and-a when they get to a-pulling, it be like as thunder.
So what might I care about an occasional fart
heehee

Last edited:
I have poly on my entire car minus engine and trans mounts with ZERO squeaks.
Especially to do with strut rods I don't want my toe moving around any more than the suspension travel causes.
ok. Just my own personal experience.
Mike Z.

there have been some concerns that poly may increase the odds of breaking a strut rod.

I did mine in 2010, if I remember right there's some cutting to be done of the new bushings for proper fit.....i'll try to dig up the article when I get home tonite.

there have been some concerns that poly may increase the odds of breaking a strut rod.

By who? The strut rods are under very little load. The original solid strut rods are pretty much bomb proof unless you clobber something with them or the LCA.

The strut rods on my Challenger are aluminum and hollow. Same as the QA1 adjustables are now. They've been on the car for 60,000 miles with 1.12" torsion bars. I even broke one of the CAP tubular LCA's in that time (same design as the QA1 tubular LCA's, but with sketchy welding). Strut rods were fine. No bushings on those either, all aluminum with a heim joint.

-
Back