Strut rod interchangeable ?

-
Buy yourself a pair of the QA 1 adjustable strut bars, you will thank yourself later.

I was always under the impression that they interchange between '72 and earlier (including early As), and '73 and later. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure on this. I know I've got the breakdowns written down someplace, will update if I find out I'm incorrect.

QA 1 lists their Dynamic Adjustable Struts for 64 to 76 A body. I know there are a bit pricey, but I like them for my bracket car application.

Why? This is a not a normal-wear part. And if you bent it, unless it is kinked, I have straightened one and reused it no problem. But if the threads tore off, yeah I get it.
It was bent slightly upon removal. I wasn't planning on putting a bent rod back on. I haven't considered straitening it.

I was always under the impression that they interchange between '72 and earlier (including early As), and '73 and later. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure on this. I know I've got the breakdowns written down someplace, will update if I find out I'm incorrect.
I think you are right. I was just looking for a definite. Thanks

I have Duster strut rods in my 65 Barracuda with the original 65 upper and lower control arms. I think the strut rods came off a 73 Duster that I bought for parts, but my memory is not always 100% accurate. I compared them to my (bent) originals before installing them. Only significant difference was that the later ones have a provision for a roll pin for some reason. (The pin doesn't butt up against anything.)

-
Back