[WANTED] strut rods

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
there' two types for the 2nd generation A's.
Not sure if there is a third type for the 1st gen.

67-72 and 73-76 strut rods are different- fine vs course threads, longer threaded section etc. But, either version can be used on any A-body ‘67-‘76 as long as you use the bushings that are matched to the version of strut rod you’re using. The K-frame and LCA mounts for the strut rods are the same.

I've been to Winslow Arizona 2010, Fla to Ca with the wife and dog in a 08 Civic Coupe, flat tire and all, got it replaced at wally world. What a great road trip.

I was standing on a corner
In Winslow, Arizona
And such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my lord
In a flatbed Ford
Slowin' down to take a look at me

I have a pair just pulled from a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, V8. Fresh out of the blasting box and primed. Nut and cup washers included.

Their so perty I might just change my mind and hang em on the wall!

upload_2020-1-29_11-35-46.jpeg

upload_2020-1-29_11-36-0.jpeg

upload_2020-1-29_11-36-15.jpeg

upload_2020-1-29_12-27-54.jpeg

Last edited:
Ronald LoPresti: i have a couple of sets and i am in phoenix from 64-66 a body barracuda

The strut rod choice is depending what bushings you use. If you are using the early one piece style or short two piece you wold use the early up to 72 style they are the fine threaded pictured.

Most are using the later large two piece bushings these are 73-76 they are the coarse threaded style. The prefered strut rods for most unless you are going for OEM. You cannot use the larger later bushings with the early fine thread rods

strutrod1[1].jpg

strutrod2[1].jpg

strutrod3[1].jpg

Crickets, cricketssssssssss, crickets...........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back