Stuck windshield wiper

-

Alkaline

Reaction score
So (luckily) the passenger side windshield wiper on my car (75 Dart Sport) is stuck. I turned them on when I was leaving to just wipe some of the rain from last night off, and something clicked and it was stuck in the up position. I was able to move it back down some myself but when I turn them on only the driver side moves. Any help on this?

If you will look the linkage has probably came apart. There is plastic bushings on each section of likage. They will rot off and thus no wipers. Word of advice replace all bushings or this will happen again. The bushings are available at your local Dodge dealership parts department.

If your pivot has seized, you need to free it up and lube it thoroughly or find a good used one to replace it with. I've drilled and installed grease fittings on some of mine. For sure replace all the bushing at one time. I pull the whole wiper trans out and do it all on the bench then install it complete. Trying to install a bushing under the dash while standing on your head is a pain.....

I just got back from a shop that me and my buddy went to for somethin' and we figured we'd ask there and check it out. I need a whole new linkage rod. The plastic bushings were pretty much non-existent so it was only a matter of time before my driver one went out too. So that's the good news.

The bad news is finding said part and being able to get within about a week. School for me starts next week and I think its supposed to start raining soon as well, just my luck.

So would anyone know a good place to find something like this/have one on them that I could buy or something?

Take your right side linkage to your local NAPA store.
They have the bushings !! And they are cheap.

I just got back from a shop that me and my buddy went to for somethin' and we figured we'd ask there and check it out. I need a whole new linkage rod. The plastic bushings were pretty much non-existent so it was only a matter of time before my driver one went out too. So that's the good news.

The bad news is finding said part and being able to get within about a week. School for me starts next week and I think its supposed to start raining soon as well, just my luck.

So would anyone know a good place to find something like this/have one on them that I could buy or something?
Post the number from the bad link.....maybe I have one I can sell you.
Thanks, Mark

just so i can update anyone thats following, he got em fixed. the bushings were just rotted to ****. thank you, NAPA, am i right daniel?!

-
Back