Stumped by brake hoses.

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
I have brakes on my dart from an Aspen. I’m in the process of plumbing them an ordered a new MC, proportioning valve, and will soon order new lines. I’m a little stumped on which hoses (flex line) to order though. Do I go with ones meant for a 73 dart or ones for the Aspen?

Rear mount. That would not effect my hard lines from the MC would it?
No.
The Dart lines put things in the stock location (front mount). The Aspen hoses give you the extra length you need to reach from the stock Dart line location to your rear mounted caliper.

............Someone on here posted some time ago that some year Camaro hoses work better (fit) than the Aspen ones for rear mount calipers. Forgotten what year, do a search

............Someone on here posted some time ago that some year Camaro hoses work better (fit) than the Aspen ones for rear mount calipers. Forgotten what year, do a search
Pretty sure it's '69 Camaro hoses, but the Aspen ones do work. Some people just get their undies in a knot if you mention using GM parts... :mob:

DoctorDiff recommends the ‘69 camaro hoses for rear mount calipers. The aspen hoses work but the camaro hoses are a better fit.

And they’re just hoses with fittings, not like they’re actually brand specific. Same companies make them for all the different makes.

DoctorDiff recommends the ‘69 camaro hoses for rear mount calipers. The aspen hoses work but the camaro hoses are a better fit.

And they’re just hoses with fittings, not like they’re actually brand specific. Same companies make them for all the different makes.

Figured you would chime in on this one. Thanks.

I am pretty "stumped," too. I think some of the confusion on this site comes from slider vs pin-type calipers. The Aspen and Dart hoses are the banjo-type, which are for the slider calipers.

I am using pin-type calipers from a 73 E-body. I was going to put the calipers toward the front of a 66 Cuda, but want to add an aftermarket sway bar later, so now I think I will rear-mount the calipers.

69 Camaro hoses are 15.7" long. Longest pin-type hoses I can find are 14.4 from a 73 Cuda.

Close enough? Will PST sway bar fit if I do mount the calipers in front?

Your answer is 1969 Camaro with a 396 disk brakes hose. As in my photo. But you can do anything you want. :)

20170704_220653.jpg

-
Back