stumped!

-
WTF is going on with the Chinese crap,I would think they would build it the RIGHT WAY.Dam slant eyessssssssssssss.

Another comment on "getting spark"

Important to realize the difference between cranking the engine WITH THE KEY and by jumpering the starter relay

IF EG you forgot to jumper the bypass / run wires to this when you hooked it up, you could have checked spark "under the hood" by jumpering the start relay. But you would NOT have start when using the key to crank. You may not have IGN1 / IGN2 jumpered.

just a thought, I have the same dist. you listed as a HEI, but you do need a ignition coil for spark power ,if I read you information correctly ??

in picture one..the MP distributor on the left has the rotor lined up with the slot..the off shore distributor is about 90 degrees off.....the intermediate shaft needs to be moved to get the rotor back where the MP distributor is...

Thats perfect!!! thanks for the photos, man.

in picture one..the MP distributor on the left has the rotor lined up with the slot..the off shore distributor is about 90 degrees off.....the intermediate shaft needs to be moved to get the rotor back where the MP distributor is...

great photos ! i appreciate the wealth of KNOWLEDGE given around here.

WTF is going on with the Chinese crap,I would think they would build it the RIGHT WAY.Dam slant eyessssssssssssss.

WOW haha, things are getting a little aggressive around here. #-o

Thats perfect!!! thanks for the photos, man.

hope you get her fixed... :happy1:

Fresh rebuild. Sure you have the correct dampener? Have you checked for top dead center?

alright, so i finally got a chance to get back into it last week. still couldnt get it started. im gonna go pop it open right now again. i was thinking maybe i installed the rocker arms wrong so i was going to re install them. but it says the stock harmonic balancer has something called a "v8 mark" that its supposed to be on when you torque down the rockers. im using an aftermarket proforce dampener. but that doesnt have a "v8 mark" so where is the v8 mark in relation to the hash mark for tdc?

im really close to taking it to a shop for them to diagnose it and ill fix it. but i really dont want to do that

Also, just thought I'd add.
Drained the tank and put fresh gas
Plugs not fouled.
A tester said they are getting spark, but I pulled one and I couldn't visibly see spark.
Also, I checked the cam timing by seeing what the rocker arms are doing. 30° btdc the #1 cylinder intake rocker arm was closing. If I'm correct, that means the cam is timed properly right?

-
Back