Stupid Fuel Sender Question

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
I realize to a seasoned pro this is going to sound about as dumb as $h1t but here goes. The rubber gasket for the sending unit to the tank does it go on the tank side or the locking ring side. I want to say tank side but it is currently on the new sender that is in the box lodged with the lock ring.

I realize to a seasoned pro this is going to sound about as dumb as $h1t but here goes. The rubber gasket for the sending unit to the tank does it go on the tank side or the locking ring side. I want to say tank side but it is currently on the new sender that is in the box lodged with the lock ring.
It goes between the tank and the sender,then clamps down with the locking ring.It,s always better to ask first before having to do it twice.Good luck.

Nuthin stupid about that. If you had put it on wrong and it leaked........well.......

Nuthin stupid about that. If you had put it on wrong and it leaked........well.......
Also make sure you use a brass drift or the proper tool to lock the ring in also, unless it is a new tank without gas in it, don't want you to end up "Blown up"

I always tighten the ring with a hammer and tack weld the ring to the tank. Its better to do it with the tank full of gas.

Reuse your original lock ring with the new gasket.

-
Back