[WANTED] Stupid is as stupid does! Please help?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

shortcake

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Well I did it this time! I bought a rebuild power steering gearbox for the wife's '65 Plymouth Barracuda from Rockauto. It turned out to be defective, so I sent it back. They were very helpful, and gave me my money back. So I decided to order a different brand from them, and they said to send it back to them as soon as possible...so I did!
But in my haste to get it back to them so I could another one sent to me as soon as possible, I didn't get the pressure hose fitting off of my old one! So now I'm desperately hoping someone here can help me? I'm posting a picture so that you all can see my problem. Please help me if you can? I'm really hoping to get her car back on the road as soon as possible. I feel so stupid for not taking the time to realize my mistake before I sent the other one back! :realcrazy:
GEAR BOX 002.jpg

Well I did it this time! I bought a rebuild power steering gearbox for the wife's '65 Plymouth Barracuda from Rockauto. It turned out to be defective, so I sent it back. They were very helpful, and gave me my money back. So I decided to order a different brand from them, and they said to send it back to them as soon as possible...so I did!
But in my haste to get it back to them so I could another one sent to me as soon as possible, I didn't get the pressure hose fitting off of my old one! So now I'm desperately hoping someone here can help me? I'm posting a picture so that you all can see my problem. Please help me if you can? I'm really hoping to get her car back on the road as soon as possible. I feel so stupid for not taking the time to realize my mistake before I sent the other one back! :realcrazy:

If you have a local shop that makes hydraulic hoses (Tractor supply...Hugg and Hall etc. ) they should have one. If you could carry the hose to them, they should be able to match one up. Show them your picture. Hope you find one. My 65 Barracuda doesn't have power steering...might add it later.
Norm

When I bought a new hose, it came with that fitting. You could try that...

I have seen 90 degree fittings for big blocks with headers on here somewhere, and that would do it.
The hose would go on almost exactly the way it is laying in your picture after that.
Another option would be to ask Tony (whitepunkonnitro) I'll bet he can come up with one for you.
He's in TN

I have seen 90 degree fittings for big blocks with headers on here somewhere, and that would do it.
The hose would go on almost exactly the way it is laying in your picture after that.
Another option would be to ask Tony (whitepunkonnitro) I'll bet he can come up with one for you.
He's in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back