Stupid people in staging lanes on saturday!!

-

DARTSPORT

Reaction score
On saturday, test & tune at MapleGrave . I see this (Stupid) guy aside my car in his trunk , bent over for about 5 minutes. His (stupid) wife or girlfriend is holding the rear hatch open on their Camaro. I go walking back to see what is going on?? The guy is holding a propane torch to his NOS bottle, in the trunk!! I headed to the official at the rear of the staging lanes, and informed him of what the Einsteins were doing. He followed me to them and made them stop. I told the guy , if he wants to kill him self, to do it somewhere else, that isn't going take my car and other cars with him!! STUPID people

They get that from watching pinks.......every idiot on pinks warms their bottle with a propane torch.

I saw a guy do that on Pinks a couple weeks ago...Kinda makes ya feel sorry for them. I know about bottle warmers and such but an open flame??? Come on, even the slightest leak is an explosion waiting to happen.

You'd be surprised how many people ask me what my bottle warmer is.....mine is set up with a pressure switch. The bottle warmer is on untilt he pressure reaches 950 psi then the switch shuts off the warmer....really nice set-up. Yep I get guys all the time asking why I don't just use a propane torch.....I just shake my head and ask them to leave.

Pinks is a total joke. I don't waste my time watching it. Just bracket racing with a distance spot instead of a time spot. Any "real life" racing for pinks I ever saw was "heads up, run what you brung, and hope you brung enough". What is that negotiating BS.

thats the most stupid thing i can even imagine, or no i couldnt even imagine someone being that stupid not even the riceguys.....

NOS is non flammable, it is use as an oxidizer. Meaning it is used to help combustion. If you have a fire NOS would help it burn hotter and faster. The only explosion from heating the bottle would be from over pressuring the bottle from expansion due to uncontrolled heat source(still not good). It is an idiotic thing to do, I wouldn't apply flame to any pressurized bottle even an inert gas like CO2. As stated there is bottle warmers available so this is another classic example of using the wrong tool for the job.

That should be outlawed in all classes and all sanctioning
bodies of racing. People are just stupid. I thought it would
build more power when colder. A more dense charge. I must be
wrong. Seams you build more power in colder air to me.

NOS loses perssure as it gets cold, thats why there are bottle heaters. I live in Michigan and the great thing about this time of year are the 30-40 degress days-till the salt trucks come out :cussing: -these punks and their NOS are out cold ,if you will. NOS and radar detectors are 2 things I never use. I don't need NOS to go fast and I keep my eyes wide open and watch my speed in blind spots.

The bottle heater is used to increase the pressure in the bottle. It was 50 degrees out the other day and my bottle had 400 psi of pressure and optimum pressure is 950 psi so I had to use my heater to increase the pressure.

:tool: What is the simularity of Nitrous and Viagria? ANSWER: They both come in blue bottles and when they are empty, you can't screw with anybody! RICK

Here's a great pic of a car that some idiot rigged for nitrous oxide and forgot to install an important part:

http://67.19.177.10/newphotos/weird/weird076.jpg

Its been a while and I don't remember the details. There were quite a few pictures of the explosion that completely took out the garage. This happened while the car was just sitting in the garage.

Holly cow! That's one ugly explosion.

Never seen Pinks but...fire on a pressurized container...hummm...IDIOT! I used to take out the trash in 7th grade metal shop. On the way to the furnace I'd pick up a can of lay out die to throw in with it. That made a pretty nice boom when it exploded. I can't imagine what that bottle might do. Seems like several warmings would fatigue the bottle after a while.

I remember as a kid I would take my mom's aqua net hair spray and a bic lighter in the bathroom for some KISS piro scenes.....I had the the nozzle turned the wrong way and caught my hair and eyebrows on fire. Man that smell is nasty!!! Once you smell burning hair you never forget it, especially when it's yours!

So I was wondering since the aqua net burnt so well, Could I set up a couple of aqua net direct injection ports on my heads and get me some custom bottles made with the aqua net logo? It could be a big money maker for me if I patent it. Only problem is where do I get the damn hair spray? haven't seen aqua net in years......(yeah, I've had a few drinks today)

63dartman said:
I remember as a kid I would take my mom's aqua net hair spray and a bic lighter in the bathroom for some KISS piro scenes.....I had the the nozzle turned the wrong way and caught my hair and eyebrows on fire. Man that smell is nasty!!! Once you smell burning hair you never forget it, especially when it's yours!

So I was wondering since the aqua net burnt so well, Could I set up a couple of aqua net direct injection ports on my heads and get me some custom bottles made with the aqua net logo? It could be a big money maker for me if I patent it. Only problem is where do I get the damn hair spray? haven't seen aqua net in years......(yeah, I've had a few drinks today)
:jocolor: :headbang:

300.jpg

A guy back in college though he was smart enough to set-up his own nitrous rig on his I.R.O.C. I was there when he removed his intake, carb and air-cleaner the fast way. I guess they call it a "retard module" for a reason......

:) -LY

Too funny Caveman :) You in on this business venture with me.$$$$$ You scared me with that pic!! Flashbacks to the 70's. I remember my best friends mom had a beehive hairdo that would withstand 50mph winds with that stuff!!

yep its very very stupid, how can people be so dumb, stupid pinks to, the all out show wasnt to bad discussed in another topic, more racing then talking, yeah what is up with the propane tourch how could people allow them to do that and tape it n stuff, idiots, stupid cameros

63dartman said:

i know what you mean when i caught part of my hair on fire when my arm tourched up man it smelled bad, well i only singed (sp?) but man it smelled bad after that i got a hair cut when i got out of the hospital, i hate haircuts but for this reason it was alright. i remember doing similar things with sprays n stuff hahah fun times

-
Back