Stupid question of the day! 360 motor mounts

-

smilingdave

Reaction score
Hi, I seem to be having a problem getting the proper driver side motor mount for my 360. The big 4 parts vendors in my area ( autozone, oreilly's, advance, and napa) all show the same anchor 2326 mount for both the 318 and 360. The problem is the mount is a half inch too wide wear it mounts to the 360 block. I tried it on a 318 and it fits great.
The anchor brand mount is 2.75 wide and the oem 3817235 mount is 2.25 wide. I just held it up to another 360 and its the same deal. My block is from a 1979 new yorker that donated itself for the cause.
So what am I missing? I know the mounting ears on the 360 and 318 are different widths. Are all the aplication guides at the part stores wrong? I have went through several different models and years and they all come up as the wider 2326 mount.

use a stack of flat washer to take up the space to use the 318 mount on a 360...

you wont be the first to do it..

So you are telling me that no one makes a stock replacement mount for a 360? Really?

Schumaker does....I did the washer thing then bought new ones when I had the extra cash.

A good parts store can get you what u need, or go to shumakers not sure if its spelled correctly,,,,google mopar motor mounts,,,he has his own version,,,much better then stock type,,

but just so you know,,,, the 273,318,340,360 all use the same passenger side spacing on the mounts,,, the drivers sides are different,,,,

273/318 same

340/360 same

Thanks, I think that was the point. What is a good parts store these days? All say the 318 and 360 lh mount is the same.Because thier stupid computer look up says so. No one stocks crap for a mopar. We all know the 360 mount is different. I guess I'll get the bushing and put in my oem mount on the drivers side. Spent long time going through 30 pages of mounts in the Balkamp book at the local napa. They don't even show proper 360 mount.
Don't want schumacker mounts. Don't want poly urethane mounts. Just want a nice stock replacement mount.
Thanks for the help, I do really like this forum. It has helped alot. This just caught me a little of guard. Lol Kinda, used to building chevy's.

Yup it's kind of a pain, no real cheap way to go about it... I'm also swapping a 360 in place of a 318 in my '70 Duster and I ended up sending the driver side 318 mount to crackedback to be modified to fit a 360. Takes a little longer but saves me $40 or so off a new one from Schumacker.

Go to hardware store, get 3/4" nut; perfect fit. The engine mount torque pushes on the passenger side.

Go back to O'reilley's and ask them to call their support number. My buddy works in that dept. They have a way of finding parts the counter men can't figure out

the 360 didnt come in a duster till 1974, ill bet if you go back to napa,,,ask for a 1974 duster 360 or 5.9 they will be able to get it in a day

Rock Auto online listing shows two different Anchor numbers for 340 engine spool mounts. 2326 for the drivers side (left), 2325 for the passenger (right). Photos show a different mount for each listing, correct or not is anyone's guess.

Rock Auto online listing shows two different Anchor numbers for 340 engine spool mounts. 2326 for the drivers side (left), 2325 for the passenger (right). Photos show a different mount for each listing, correct or not is anyone's guess.

nice idea to look at rock auto .com lots of refrences on that site

Go to hardware store, get 3/4" nut; perfect fit. The engine mount torque pushes on the passenger side.

I just dropped a 360 from a 73 sport suburban in my 74 duster a few hours ago. I used stock 318 mounts and did what green1 suggested works perfectly and saves cash.

-
Back