stupid questions

-

snoreen40

Reaction score
Ok, had the front fenders, hood and drivers door off (for body work), reinstalling them, drivers door will not line up, hood seems to be higher than the fenders about mid way,i'm not a body man, but I didn't seem to be that hard, the fenders are off a 69 dart(mine is 67), but the door is original, the door sticks out on lower rear, rest of it seems to be ok, any kind of rule of thumb? I'm I just not right between the ears?:banghead:

You adjust body panels to things that you can't move. Meaning.... You adjust the door the the rear 1/4 and rocker and start moving forward.

The hinge bolts on the body move the door up, down, forward and back. The hinge bolts on the door allow you to move the door in and out.

If you are out on the bottom, loosen all the hinge bolts (on the door, not the body) except the top one. This will allow you to rotate the bottom in.

It's a process that can take some time.

If the door is a little low it will stick out at the bottom too. Like )) and one of those lower than the other if that makes sense.
Where the hood, door, and fender all meet at the cowl is your fudge point. Don't even try to get nice or similar left and right gaps around the cowl.

Don't even try to get nice or similar left and right gaps around the cowl.

That's good advise right there. If you see an a-body with perfect lines around the cowl area, it's because someone spent a bunch of time adding or removing metal.

The gaps in that area were bad and uneven, side to side from the factory.

Thanks guys, I can see this will take time, and I am trying to be too perfect,i'll keep working and fight the good fight!!

you adjust body panels to things that you can't move. Meaning.... You adjust the door the the rear 1/4 and rocker and start moving forward.

The hinge bolts on the body move the door up, down, forward and back. The hinge bolts on the door allow you to move the door in and out.

If you are out on the bottom, loosen all the hinge bolts (on the door, not the body) except the top one. This will allow you to rotate the bottom in.

It's a process that can take some time.
x2

-
Back