Stupid things you have done

-
I was at the exhaust shop once and a little 80's S10 was bent in half between box and cab. Apparently the guy loaded the box with sand (it was winter) and covered it with a tarp and didn't tell anyone. When the exhaust guys lifted it with the hydraulic lift, the cab stayed, but the heavy box bent the frame and it bent down until the bumper touched the floor.

Worked at Ziebart rust proofing cars. We had this old funky lift. In order to lift a high clearance vehicle we had to stand the feet up and put a 4x4 on them. Was under a van spraying away one day and heard this cracking noise. Kept spraying hearing it several more times. Noticed the van starting to go off the front of the lift and like a bone head took off towards the front of it. I ended up pinned in the corner, between the bumper and the walls. Stuck there until a wrecker could come and pull the van off......

replaced a torque convertor in a C4 67 Stang, didnt seat the convertor all the way in and tightened the bell bolts, destroyed the pump. Same car, used the bumper jack to jack it up and get under it (!) set it back down and the bumper end was at about a 45....Poor stang. That chick gave us NO play after that.......

Drove a car for 6 months with no starter...push started it every time. It was a pretty small car....like this
the-c-d-solution-1972-honda-n600-photo-199927-s-429x262.jpg

I was doing a tune up on my 97 ram 1500 with the magnum 360 in it. not much room in those to get to the distributor (especially when it sits on a set of 35's) took the old cap and rotor and plug wires out, put the new rotor on, put the new cap on, put the new wires on. crank it over and nothing. scratched my head for a while then realized i put the wires on in the wrong rotation. got them going the right way fired right up. couldn't walk without a limp for a week after sitting up in the truck for my stupid mistake.

I learned a fresh engine build runs a lot better when you remember to install the push rods and rockers before putting on the valve covers .

Drove a car for 6 months with no starter...push started it every time. It was a pretty small car....like this
the-c-d-solution-1972-honda-n600-photo-199927-s-429x262.jpg
Friend had a 69 Mustang that we push started for a while.....what a pia that was. Never failed, would park some place where we could roll out of where it was parked and some one would block us in.....

-
Back