Subframe connectors

-
I have seen pics of these welded in recently on FABO, just cant remember where.

You buy anything but these and you're wastin your money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300469747659

Pay close attention. They follow every contour and bend of the floorboard. They are awesome.
As it seems to me most often that I have noticed Strokerscamp (most knowledgeable) is 100% correct those ARE the only ones to get, I bought mine in 1983 and they didn't make anything like that for mopars that were this nice, I have Comp engineering bolt-ins that I welded in, they used a set of these on Muscle Car on a Cuda they built for the President of the fight club whatever that is initials can't remember.

Sorry guys I know yours may be better but mine were cheap and easy to install.

I disagree. I had these welded in frame to frame and I can FEEL the difference. Simple but they do function as I had hoped. I've tied the frame sections together. How can it not help???

This is the strongest way to go. 2X3 tube welded through the floor. Cost was less than 20 bucks.

If you don't want to cut your floors the UScartools are the next best way to go. I have a set to go on my Dart. But realy any style of connector is better than none and are a good thing to have.

I made my own...25 bucks in 3x2x.125 bar stock...cut through the floor, weld them in. strongest way possible...

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Fabricating your own is the best way to go, store bought connectors tend to have weak areas or points on them that can be a problematic down the road or especially for a car that is constantly on the track. If you see what mopardude has done, he obviously is not screwing around, right way to go, this way there in permanently, you never have to worry about them ever again.

You buy anything but these and you're wastin your money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300469747659

Pay close attention. They follow every contour and bend of the floorboard. They are awesome.

I agree 1000 %! Weld them completely to the floor and they are very strong,stronger than the other styles which do not follow the floor contours.

I say forget about the other ones. Lazer cut floor contour connectors are lots more $$ elsewhere,upwards of $350. Thats a great price!

I didn't want to cut my floor either because I knew by the time I turn 164 years old my A Body would be worth a triillion dollars :)

I didn't want to cut my floor either because I knew by the time I turn 164 years old my A Body would be worth a triillion dollars :)

Seriously? Lol I hope you do it!

I would buy the ones from the ebay link that were $170? Steal at that price!You may have to do some minor trimming or grinding but they willl fit real nice and you wont have to cut the floors.

Actually I did cut my floor bout 20 years ago, no one could fit in the back seat anyway. Though this photo isn't the best and the lighting is bad, this is it and outside of the dirt and dust, ya could eat off the underbody of this rust free New York 64 Signet
360026.jpg

i do agree trying to keep the pricing down on parts that you may make. some of you folks referenced the 170 price but remember the 45 for shipping.
so 215.00
terry

Yup it adds up quick! Taxes ,shipping, hidden fees,overinflated prices that shipping companies rape you for. No wonder the economy is in the tank.

What are you home guys doing for a material list? Any of you happen to save your template if you used one? also how are you getting these so tight with the floor where you cut it?

For all u early a body guys out there I got a message from the company making the connectors that follow the floor line he said he should have some ready for the early a body by the end of the month

What are you home guys doing for a material list? Any of you happen to save your template if you used one? also how are you getting these so tight with the floor where you cut it?

Here's a good link for a 70 dart connector install http://www.rhphoto.com/frame_connectors.html

I just did some rough measurements and fit them in as I went didn't use a template.

materials:

2 pieces of [SIZE=-1]2x3x1/8 (.125) mild steel [/SIZE]about 53 inches in length each (111.0 inch wheel base)

Metal001.jpg

And of coarse mig welder, grinders, air chisel, cutting wheel, swear words, etc.

For all u early a body guys out there I got a message from the company making the connectors that follow the floor line he said he should have some ready for the early a body by the end of the month

Plus the owner of the company (US Car Tool) is a member here (umm... giggle, that would be me!!)

Early A is coming. Just finished the templates, waiting the prototypes from the laser cutter and a final fit check, then GO!!

I also just got done re-doing the templates for the Dart (long wheelbases) and Duster (short wheelbases) to make them work on the full spectrum of A-bodies from 67 through 75 and also re-did the A-body torque box templates. Whew!!

You guys need anything else? (smile!)

-
Back