Sublime cars and bugs

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Have you other guys with Sublime/Limelight painted cars ever noticed bugs being attracted to the color.

In the last few weeks i have noticed that bees and little gnat type bugs sitting on my car. I havent ever noticed this with my other cars.

That's nothing! You should try painting your car Lemon Twist. I spend as much time cleaning bug crap off my car as I do driving it!

That's nothing! You should try painting your car Lemon Twist. I spend as much time cleaning bug crap off my car as I do driving it!

Oh good i was hoping it wasnt just me, thought i may need to change my deoderant or something. I had a bee land right above the SuperBee logo the other day, would have made a good picture.

I think we need a government grant..

Secondary inquiry: Are bees attracted to Mod Tops? :-D

Happens to my Dart all the time. I believe this to be true about the bugs.

When I first bought my duster...y-1 paint code..not more then 5 minutes later at a stoplight...about 20 bees came and hovered and buzzed and dive bombed the car...since then...yep the bugs love it!

HIGH IMPACT for a reason!!!!

Aloha
Sharktooth.jpg

see bugs everywhere!

Sharktooth.jpg

I have not noticed bugs to be anymore attracted to my cuda than to any of my other cars. Now my blue cars get dumped on by birds much more often than other colors.

My wife can attest to the yellow thing. She drives a school bus for a living and this time of year bees are all over it like flys on a rib roast. The flat windshield hammers them.

Chuck

My Duster draws them bad, but our other car is red and it don't seem to draw them

There was a I think Citron Yella, i think thats what its called, car around here that was covered in them to where you thought it was part of the paint sceme. Im pretty sure having a sublime or any high impact color car is still worth having to clean off the bugs and crap.

My Yellow cars draws them bad. If you park it I think they start wanting to mate with it.

hate that part of it

ShellCat.jpg

I've had a few other yellow cars but never noticed it as bad 30 years ago

ShellCat.jpg

It seems like the bugs love hemi orange too. But they die on the car for some reason,like a bug zapper.

-
Back