Substitute for Dynomat

-

homecloned

Can't re Member
Reaction score
Afriend sent me this link and thought I would share. He says this is the same as Dynomat but alot cheaper. Anybody try this?

The price is sure right.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326-PS625_0_?productId=1018733&Ntt=peel%20and%20seal&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true

095959062513lg.jpg

Looks like an interesting alternative... Im getting ready to r/r carpet real soon myself. Are you headed to Melbourne next weekend homecloned?

Looks like an interesting alternative... Im getting ready to r/r carpet real soon myself. Are you headed to Melbourne next weekend homecloned?

No. Thats a bit of a drive right now. If you go DA69RT GT take some pics.

I am going to check out that roof patch stuff. Put some inside the doors as well and

I've heard there's an odor that will dissipate over time. No personal experience - have to see if it's in stock and do scratch 'n sniff test ?

there are tons and tons of comparisons out there on the web a little google work should give you plenty of ideas. i read that most of the products liek that give off an asphalt smell in the summer and may get hot enought to relese from the panels so you might not want to use it on the roof. i got a roll of duct insulation from a job that is very similar to that stuff, but knowing once its stuck it will be a nightmare for any future repairs i am hesitant to use it. i picked up a big roll of foil faced bubble rap type insulation from some guy that sells on a lot of sites. very easy to work with, fairly cheap and has great reviews.

I've heard there's an odor that will dissipate over time. No personal experience - have to see if it's in stock and do scratch 'n sniff test ?

There is a guy on here who recommends that. Says it works about as well as the expensive stuff but at a much lower cost!

Should take you to page 7. Read from about post #127 on.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53074&highlight=lowes&page=7

there are tons and tons of comparisons out there on the web a little google work should give you plenty of ideas. i read that most of the products liek that give off an asphalt smell in the summer and may get hot enought to relese from the panels so you might not want to use it on the roof. i got a roll of duct insulation from a job that is very similar to that stuff, but knowing once its stuck it will be a nightmare for any future repairs i am hesitant to use it. i picked up a big roll of foil faced bubble rap type insulation from some guy that sells on a lot of sites. very easy to work with, fairly cheap and has great reviews.

Thanks for the replies. That was a concern about the odor. I live in Florida and it gets a little warm in the summer. I have been thinking about this for a while. I have sprayed the body shop deadener in there now(much better then dupli color rattle can stuff) But haven't driven it much since then.

but knowing once its stuck it will be a nightmare for any future repairs i am hesitant to use it.
One quick idea ( I put no thought into this idea really, just came up with it :p) maybe if you used some of that rubber roll on bed liner type stuff, then applied the duct insulation...if you did have to repair something, the insulation would be stuck to the rubber stuff, not the sheet metal and therefore, the rubber stuff should peel off easier than the insulation... just a quick thought. <shrug>

A friend of mine used the rubber stuff on the floor pan of his truck and was able to pull it up with some effort. Pretty much what made me think of the idea.

I have used dynamat. accumat and seen the house hold stuff at lowes stuff work too..
my family has been in construction a long time and I have hung alot of that stuff, same idea, sound deadening/weather control, It didnt smell all that much to me, I would say it would go away quick expecially if under carpet in a car. I say go for it, it will save cost

I have a Sound Deadner Kit sitting in the gargage I purchased online...
Which would I put down 1st... the Dynomat/Peel and Seal or the Sound Deadner???

Am having my carpet installed and a friend told me to try a company that sells brown bread The stuff is half the price of Dynamat. I think I bought two rolls or 100 sq ft for 119.00. I will let you know how the stuff works on my Dart

-
Back