Success....one more step

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
Baby step for most of you but today I installed the back window in my 64 Dart by myself using the rope method and it only took an hour total. I've
always managed quit well with mechanical stuff but body work and window stuff were never my favorite. It is really amazing how easy it actually went. Little sucesses like this are what keeps me going on this car. After my struggle and finally getting the headliner installed I needed something to be easy.:burnout::burnout:

I did that same thing! I was amazed how easy it made it.

I really don't see why the Pro's don't do it like that. I watched the guy who installed my windshield struggle for an hour and a half crawling in and out of the car with his tools. Maybe something I don't know...obviously I'm not an expert.:D:D:D

Don't really know what your referring to as the rope method but I know how good it feel to have success. Good going and congrats.

Don't really know what your referring to as the rope method but I know how good it feel to have success. Good going and congrats.

Take a look at this for reference

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcJ_lU_VpQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcJ_lU_VpQ[/ame]

I have been recommending that method for years. Done probably a hundred or so windows like that. and it works great every time. That's bigger than a baby step. That's some real progress.

Thanks guys....sometimes I get frustrated but then something good happens and the juices start flowing and I kick *** for a while.

Hey! Great video. I had no idea! That was cool. Congrats to Back in Time.

I used to have a 1960 El Camino i did a complete frame off resto on. Brand new windshield cost me $400. Its a really big curved piece of glass that i did not want to break. I bought new weatherstripping seals and had a professional install both the front and rear windshields. They used the rope method. Were there and gone in about an hour.

-
Back