Such sweet revenge for a deserving Scammer...

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Man texts alleged scammer entire works of William Shakespeare

A graphic designer in England who says he got ripped off by an internet user is getting his revenge by sending him thousands of text messages.

Edd Joseph told the Telegraph that he spent £80 ($130) on a Playstation 3 on Gumtree, a British version of Craigslist. After he paid, he didn't receive his item, so he sent something else and kept doing it.

Joseph said he discovered he can just copy and paste the words from the internet into a text message and hit send.
From his end, it sends out as one very long message. But on the receiver's end, it is broken into 160 character messages so it came in as several messages.

He's sending all of the works from The Bard meaning when it's all said and done, the receiver will get approximately 29,305 individual messages.

His phone plan is unlimited, meaning that, while he's out his $130, he's at least getting some amusement at making another guy's life misery.

View attachment 25042395_BG1.jpg

I am going to have to remember that one.

Scammers suck, but that revenge only works if the scammer is too stupid to block his number. The best way to do it is to have numerous individuals text the guy.

I once had a guy avoiding calling be back because I needed timing from him on a change that I was writing. His company had just bought over $1 million of the old bolts and they were trying to stall my change. I paged him a couple of times, and he wouldn't call back.

He had a Sky Pager and they had a menu for "autopage". So I entered 99 pages at 5 minutes apart.....

He finally called me after 45 minutes.... But there was no way to cancel the "rest of the pages". One of my coworkers at the design center told me how he was complaining about it once to him.

Shortly after that, Sky Page stopped the 99 interval continuous pages... (Was that because of me???)

However, the guy "Got my message".... LOL!

-
Back