Suggestions for exhaust

-

coffeedart67

Reaction score
I'm planning on getting the exhaust on my 67 Dart (273, 2 barrel, single exhaust) redone, the pipes from the manifolds(oh, yeah plan on sticking with the stock manifolds)and the crossover seem to be in good(decent)shape, but from there back it was hacked once for a muffler change(currently has a sears muzzler, that's been there for 20 plus years) and then I cut it to get the exhaust off and hacked it back together, so it has about half a dozen muffler clamps. I was thinking off going from just behind the crossover and back all new, but am curious on what size to go with(I think it currently is 1 7/8), also suggestions on a muffler.
Thanks
Aaron

I like the Commando single exhaust. 2 1/4 id with two straight through mufflers in series. Maybe Cherry Bombs... or a 2 inch id pipe and mufflers in 2 barrel form. Where in SD are you?

Stock 273?

Dual exhaust @ 2 inch - 2-1/4 max
Single exhaust @ 2-1/4 - 2-1/2 max

Silent muffler - Sears muzzler
Low rumble muffler - Summit turbo mufflers - Thrush turbo

Elk point, southeast South Dakota. I am looking for something with a little bit of rumble to it. My current muffler must be rusting out from the inside because it sounded like a maraca when I put it back on, but it does have a nice sound. I will probably go to a local shop to have it done.

Elk point, southeast South Dakota. I am looking for something with a little bit of rumble to it. My current muffler must be rusting out from the inside because it sounded like a maraca when I put it back on, but it does have a nice sound. I will probably go to a local shop to have it done.

We used Dynomax on our wagon. Nice quiet at idle and they sound good when you rev it up.

I don't like the loud Flowmaster sound.

-
Back