Suggestions for valve cover gasket (318) rubber / silicone ?

-

67CBodyGuy

Reaction score
I was looking for something a little more substantial than a cork gasket, but that's all I see on rock auto. About the only thing I see anywhere is the Assault Racing rubber gasket with steel shim core. Don't know if that's actually made by them or someone else, but $22 price is right. Any comments about that one, or is there a better one at the same price point? I think there's a Moroso one but 3 times the price?

I use the Felpro rubberized cork gaskets. They work well and are reasonably priced. 65'

their thermostat gasket and these are the last ones you will ever need
I installed the realgaskets.com thermostat gasket 7 years ago and not a drop (16 lb cap) in that time.

I just recently installed the valve cover gaskets, I only have a few hundred miles on them but no leaks.

MoPar may still sell a rubber gasket with a steel insert. If not, look for a Mr. Gasket set. Others make them as well. I have used both of the above with very long lasting well sealing results. They’re re usable.

I've not had issues with felpro cork.. I also use Indian Head shellac on both sides, and don't over tighten.

their thermostat gasket and these are the last ones you will ever need !!
love their thermostat gaskets, but I tried the valve cover gaskets and they leak like a sieve. 5 bolts are not enough to keep gasket from getting out of place - might be fine for magnum 10 bolt covers.

I like silicone gaskets with a steel shim core best these days. Some of the ones I have have been on and off a few times and still work great (see post #5)

-
Back