Sujestion on hood scope

-

fsteddie

Reaction score
I am needing suggestion on hood scope and not sure which way to go .I would really like a Mopar twin snorkel hood scope but hard to find and the one I have found are damaged or very pricey or all of the above ..I have a '66 Dart Gt 318 with Mopar single plane intake with 1'' spacer plate that I need for my set up that put air cleaner roughly 2 1/2 above hood .. I am kinda leaning to Hardwoods Areo Mini II Scoop 7'' high ..what you all think good or bad open for suggestion and I am not changing my engine configuration LOL . Car is mainly a cruse car/show with a lot of Go

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Scan1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Scan7.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 162
I kinda like the looks of this one on your car
it's 4.25" tall

oops pic had a failure

Attachments

• sixpack_1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 138
Dam I though you were mounting a scope!!!
What you hunting or whom?
LOL

you could do the hemi scoop for less than a 100 shipped on ebay...

but i think a 65 AFX scoop would be cooler and look better...

i cant find a pic right now but its also known as the barn door scoop

Attachments

• 100_4905.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 135
Just keep in mind that the further forward the inlet of the scoop is, the more air it will grab. Setting the scoop's inlet further back allows the front edge of the hood to defeat the total effectiveness of the scopes inlet. It still works, but draws less cfm than a scope inlet placed close to the front of the hood.

Just keep in mind that the further forward the inlet of the scoop is, the more air it will grab. Setting the scoop's inlet further back allows the front edge of the hood to defeat the total effectiveness of the scopes inlet. It still works, but draws less cfm than a scope inlet placed close to the front of the hood.

Except when you cut the hood, you have to cut where there are no braces, so your mounting spot is pre-determined. Unless you want to weld your own braces and customize it. I opted to cut the entire triangular piece between the braces out so I can fit still run my super victor intake. A lot of people just cut two round holes for air flow. These scoops aren't ram air and will really work best as a cold air inlet, though I am contemplating making a ram air box and seal.

um... no...

the hemi scoop was designed by the ramchargers for just that reason... the air pressure in the grill area makes a bubble and pushes the air over the front of the hood and lands about half way up the hood...

thats why the hemi scoops are so far back...

-
Back