summer heat, small rad

-

stroker_valiant

Reaction score
So I had the valiant on the road today for the first time since the motor build. I'm running a tiny factory rad, just because that's all I have at the time. The car started to get hot, and I pulled over in a parking lot for about 45 minutes. I have a really nice Flexalite Black Magic fan i'll be using soon. I'll be getting a new rad within the next week or so as well.

Question---- does anybody have any experience with the summit/jegs 160 dollar aluminum rads? I can make all my own mounts, but the biggest i'll be able to run is a 25 by 18 high. thats not that big at all. Is there a better rad on the cheap that yall know about? I just cant afford a 4-500 dollar be cool unit right now.

So I had the valiant on the road today for the first time since the motor build. I'm running a tiny factory rad, just because that's all I have at the time. The car started to get hot, and I pulled over in a parking lot for about 45 minutes. I have a really nice Flexalite Black Magic fan i'll be using soon. I'll be getting a new rad within the next week or so as well.

Question---- does anybody have any experience with the summit/jegs 160 dollar aluminum rads? I can make all my own mounts, but the biggest i'll be able to run is a 25 by 18 high. thats not that big at all. Is there a better rad on the cheap that yall know about? I just cant afford a 4-500 dollar be cool unit right now.
Summit has a couple of universal ones that should work for under $180.00...stay away from any that have epoxy tanks, you will want a welded tank....heard that griffin had epoxy tanks...there are several down flow ones on e-bay for $200.00 and less...try to find a two row with one inch tubes...

-
Back