Summit billet timing set

-

turbovan

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I ordered the summit billet timing set, and it only came with diagrams for big block Chevy, sbc, and sb ford. Can somebody verify that the sprocket markings are correct? Specifically, I want to make sure the alignment marks are supposed to be between teeth.

View attachment 1715050938

IMG_8028.PNG

My iPhone isn't letting me zoom in clearly so....

Make sure that the crank mark is for where you want it to be. Rotate the engine to make sure you have clearance!

Word of advice, don't use it. Son in law got one for a different engine, a gm LS, and it broke a link. Trashed his engine and heads. I built another one, summit covered part of the cost with parts after a lot of pictures and calls to them. Found out the summit cheap "billit" set is made in India, at least the gm one is. New engine has a cloyes. Just trying to save someone headaches or expense. Don't care about LS bashing or what he did or she did. You get what you pay for. Not summits fault and they did cover most of the repair with good cam, Pistons, heads repaired and quality parts.

It is the same quality if not better than every other one I have bought or our machine shops have purchased.

It is the same quality if not better than every other one I have bought or our machine shops have purchased.
I agree I bought the same one and mine was a repackaged from a top name brand, who now Im forgetting the name of... Summit just slapped there sticker over the top of the other brand.

Do as you please. His was a summit billit brand and it lost a pin and was bad. Cost an engine, summit made it right cept labor. Just info,not worth saving a few bucks. Some stuffs too cheap.

Yeah i have heard the same about timing sets not holding up. Especially the india made rolon chain. The best I know of is cloyes true roller sets. They use Reynold french made chains. Also rollmaster sets use IWIS german made chains also a good quality timing set.

Thought the roll master was an Aussie unit. IDK though....

I believe they are more known over in that area but read somewhere that the chain is german. JP chains are very similiar in look & billet gears & all!! I suspect it is a renamed rollmaster because it too uses IWIS german chain!!:)

I dunno about Aussie units. I'm assuming on quality,German units would be good. I got a pro performance balancer once cause it said Australian, when I got it the box said made in China. So it shipped from China to Aussie to the USA. Shipping isn't cheap so how cheap did the part start out?? I was just sharing an incident. Hopefully saving someone grief and money. Chinese junk is everywhere in our sport. So do your research and buyer beware.

-
Back