**Summit Fast 5 vs Jegs Sport Star**

-

Mad Dart

Nothing to see Here!
Reaction score
I know these wheels are a knock off of the Weld Pro Stars but I have a few questions.

Looks like the Jegs and Summit versions are exactly the same and may be built by the same manufacturer. Does anyone have these wheels on their cars? Will the drop down center allow for a Disc brake set up on them?? I need about 12.75" in the clear for them to work with my brakes.

I am worried that when my car hooks it will RIP the center of the Steel wheels right out and end up ruining my car that is about to have fresh body/paint.

My car will have well over 800hp/800tq to the tires.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-521-5166ps

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/67085/10002/-1

the only thing i see wrong with them...if this is wrong...

they are cast..and use conical lug nuts.....

dont know if that has any bearing on 799 hp...

the only thing i see wrong with them...if this is wrong...

they are cast..and use conical lug nuts.....

dont know if that has any bearing on 799 hp...

Yes I seen that they are cast and dont use a shank style lug.

Do you see guys at the track running these wheels?
I have seen guys running the welds in the rear and the Jegs or Summits upfront. It is hard to tell them apart if they are kept up on the polishing.

Maybe I should do the same and run the Welds in the rear?

I have the sport lites and there is plenty of clearance for my disc brakes. I just checked my 15x7's and the the id towards the top is 14'' then about 2 inches in it starts to taper down to just over 13". I honestly though wouldn't use them for the rear of any high hp/tq track setup. They seems decently thick around the hub but being cast...... and how good is their casting process???

I have the sport lites and there is plenty of clearance for my disc brakes. I just checked my 15x7's and the the id towards the top is 14'' then about 2 inches in it starts to taper down to just over 13". I honestly though wouldn't use them for the rear of any high hp/tq track setup. They seems decently thick around the hub but being cast...... and how good is their casting process???

Thanks for the measurements. You did WAY better than Jegs tech line just did. They told me I don't think they will work.......

good luck bro i hope they fit the first time without having to grind calipers etc. you could call billet also but i'm guessing the only real way to know is to try them as soon as you get them.

some people have to grind with the billet specialties but not with weld rts.

what is your brake setup?

now i'm skeert to try my wheels once i finally get my car lol

good luck bro i hope they fit the first time without having to grind calipers etc. you could call billet also but i'm guessing the only real way to know is to try them as soon as you get them.

some people have to grind with the billet specialties but not with weld rts.

what is your brake setup?

now i'm skeert to try my wheels once i finally get my car lol

Rear brakes are a 12.19" GM Rotor set up and GM Calipers that have the parking brake provision. A little under 13" in the clear would do it. If I had to grind anything I would hit the caliper instead then just paint them. These BARELY Clear my steelie wheels. 15x10 with 5.5 back space.

worst case is you might have to do something special in the front. it looks like the billets cleared but they used spacers in the article here (gm yuck but that is probably similar to your brake setup)
http://www.gmhightechperformance.co...htp_suspension_and_tire_upgrade/photo_23.html
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/suspension/1104gmhtp_suspension_and_tire_upgrade/

Thanks, I will check it out. My front brakes are Cordoba 11.75 Rotors and Wilwood Dynalite calipers. Think I will be Ok but I will check to make sure.

Going to run a 15x4 with 1.625 or 1.75 back space depending on the wheel.

-
Back