Summit or Jegs

-

kocuda

Reaction score
For the past few years I've been purchasing parts from both of these companys. They sell the same thing and usually they're very close on price.
I needed an assortment of accelerator pump nozzels to tune my 4150. Summit $4.95ea Jegs $11.95ea WTF?
Why such a difference in part prices.
Where do you guys go for carb parts.

I've been going to summit for my parts. I find it much easier to search and find stuff.

It looks like the 4.95 ones in Summit are the Quick Fuel ones. The Holley ones are 11.95.

Fred B

Ya,WTF?There usually dead even if not pennies difference.I just got some Holley parts through Mancini but i had other stuff i was getting there already.I usually use Jegs most of the time,2 day delivery and they seem to have more Mopar stuff than Summitt.

To me it looks like just two different manufacturers. I have not seen them to compare the two. But they look the same.

Fred B

summit sends me 20 dollar of and 10% off coupons every couple months. (not to mention they are only 30 miles away) and usualy are cheapest so they got my vote.

P1000147 (Small).JPG

Well Jegs is only 20 miles from me. That only gets me next day delivery though. I used to deliver pizzas to them at their house and way before that I even mowed their stores before they got big. The only thing I got out of them was a free catalog! 8)

I try to support Mancini when ever possible. They are strickley Mopar and there tech guys are good help. Just my two cents.

I try to support Mancini when ever possible. They are strickley Mopar and there tech guys are good help. Just my two cents.

Me too. But the only problem is they don't have near the selection of parts that Summit or JEGS does.

But as far as if it is JEGS or Summit for me it's Summit hands down. Jegs has shafted me twice. First time I ordered from them a cam and lifter kit along with some other stuff to totaling about $400. Well a week went by and I was needing the cam to get my engine together and called them and it seems somebody didn't process the order. It was in the system but not processed?? Told them i would like it next day since their guy screwed up and they said nothing doin. Unfortunately Summit didn't have some of the other stuff I needed or I would have told JEGS to stick it. Second time they got me was I ordered some stuff and one part (a chrome master cyl. cover) was on backorder. 2 weeks later it showed up which I don't have a problem with except they charged me another $11 shipping on it. Summit never charges me shipping on backordered parts. From now on I'll look high and low before I buy from JEGS.

I buy from both ,but Jegs does have the better web sit to search from.And the people who answer the the phones at summit have been rude on numerous occasions to me. So most of the time I buy from jegs.

I almost always choose Summit first,but a lot of times they've been out of stock on a few things,thats when i call Jegs..as far as the carb. parts quick fuel/holley parts should be interchangeable...

I strongly prefer summit.

Never had a problem there, and it seems like their website is easier to search etc.

Just my opinion.

ROB

Summit hardcore mtf here boy!

I live in Anderson SC. Summit has a warehouse over in GA so when I order something most of the time it's located in that warehouse. I've actually ordered something form them after at 6:00pm and the following day at 6:00 pm the order would be at my front door. I don't even shop around anymore.

I buy a lot from Summit and am really happy with their service. Sometimes Mancini is cheaper and although Summit will match prices I'll order from Mancini because I want to support a mopar vendor. I have also asked Mancini to match prices and they will when they can. Mancini also has some mopar specific parts that Summit does not carry. Another vendor I really like is www.mopartsracing.com great service and great prices.

Bought from all, Summit always seems to be a little cheaper, even if it's just a few cents. Adds up on the bigger orders. Haven't ordered much from Jegs in the last few years, I seem to be a Summit guy nowadays.

I've also given Mancini A LOT of money over the years, always a tad more expensive but worth it to find the right parts. Good people.

Neither?

How about supporting a corner speed shop. The good ole boys, who could help you troubleshoot, make recommendations, based on EXPERIENCE, etc. I know they are not in every city these days, but the main reason they are not is the mail order companies, and their ability to undercut the local customer via one step distribution, and no tax.....
<<flame suit on>>

Neither?

How about supporting a corner speed shop. The good ole boys, who could help you troubleshoot, make recommendations, based on EXPERIENCE, etc. I know they are not in every city these days, but the main reason they are not is the mail order companies, and their ability to undercut the local customer via one step distribution, and no tax.....
<<flame suit on>>

SK Speed here on Long Island and S&S in Queens - both great places. I did plan on supporting SK more now that I'm closer to them. Both have been in business for like 45 years.

-
Back