Summit or Jegs

-
We have a local speed shop Vic Hubbard that I get deliveries from. They will match Summit's price on almost everything. If they don't have it, then I call Summit.

Neither?

How about supporting a corner speed shop. The good ole boys, who could help you troubleshoot, make recommendations, based on EXPERIENCE, etc. I know they are not in every city these days, but the main reason they are not is the mail order companies, and their ability to undercut the local customer via one step distribution, and no tax.....
<<flame suit on>>

I would support them but in most cases they can't match summit or jegs prices,and when they can i get taxed on it..just another reason to buy mail order NO tax...

I have gone through Jegs and Summit. I only went through Summit for about 10-15 years. Then someone told me about Jegs. And I've bought a few things from them. Whatever place is cheapest. But now I guess I'll have to check out Mancini. This is the first I've heard of them.

I would support them but in most cases they can't match summit or jegs prices,and when they can i get taxed on it..just another reason to buy mail order NO tax...

I am all for saving a buck, and being competitive, but the tax difference has been the #1 killer of the small speed shop, and the secondary reason that summit and jegs succeed. I personally will shop local, and support my local business.

it's a matter of location for me. Jegs is across the country, whereas Summit has a warehouse in Reno, NV. I get (through normal ground shipping) my packages the next day.

edit: Summit does price match too. You find something cheaper at Mancini (which Mopar parts usually are), you just call up Summit to place your order, and say you want to price match to www.manciniracing.com. Give them the part number, and boom. They usually go at least a dollar lower. Example: Hughes Engines has an Edelbrock Air Gap for a Magnum for $245.95. Same one at Summit is $296.95. I call them up, show them the link, and they give the item to me for $245.95, just like that.

I will always order from Summit. They're fast, thorough, and unbeatable in service.

hay i went to the summit store in summit county today they had 20$ cuepons next to the cash redgester for 100 dollar perchases and gave you one to take with you after that. i was bumed out i could have split my purchase in half and saved 40.i had coupons they sent me to but could only use one.what a greedy bastard

I just ordered a set of BFG 325/50/15 drag radials from summit. The cost of the tires was the same as Jegs but shipping was $30 cheaper. Jegs had way more freight charges.

hay i went to the summit store in summit county today they had 20$ cuepons next to the cash redgester for 100 dollar perchases and gave you one to take with you after that. i was bumed out i could have split my purchase in half and saved 40.i had coupons they sent me to but could only use one.what a greedy bastard

Wait a sec. They'll give you a $20 coupon and their greedy?? Instead of being bummed out I think I'd be happy I had a $20 coupon to use next time.

I have ordered from summit, jegs, and mancini. a few things i got from jegs because summit didn't have them in stock and mancini after i finally heard about them. most of the stuff i order from summit because they have always done right by me.

Neither?

How about supporting a corner speed shop. The good ole boys, who could help you troubleshoot, make recommendations, based on EXPERIENCE, etc. I know they are not in every city these days, but the main reason they are not is the mail order companies, and their ability to undercut the local customer via one step distribution, and no tax.....
<<flame suit on>>

I have never ordered from a mail order company. Last week I called one of the two speed shops in town, first they assumed I had a chevy, when I informed them I had a big block mopar they acted like I was a retard then told me they didn't know what I needed but if I found out what I needed they might be able to special order it from factory, because they wouldn't stock it, because it wasn't for a chevy.
I got online and found a place that makes flex plate shields in Orlando Fl. The guy is a racer and sells the plates for $64 and he pays the shipping.I beleave in supporting local bussiness but when they act like I'm a retard because I don't have a chevy they can kiss my A$$.

I have never ordered from a mail order company. Last week I called one of the two speed shops in town, first they assumed I had a chevy, when I informed them I had a big block mopar they acted like I was a retard then told me they didn't know what I needed but if I found out what I needed they might be able to special order it from factory, because they wouldn't stock it, because it wasn't for a chevy.
I got online and found a place that makes flex plate shields in Orlando Fl. The guy is a racer and sells the plates for $64 and he pays the shipping.I beleave in supporting local bussiness but when they act like I'm a retard because I don't have a chevy they can kiss my A$$.

I have to agree these local shops think you have either a chevy or a ricer..my response is usually "i own a "real" car....

I was at a local speed shop not long ago that stocks a lot of Chevy stuff and when I said I had a Mopar he said "thats why we don't have your parts". Totally wrong attitude. I'll buy Holley carb parts and small stuff like that from them but that is it. And they really screw you price wise on some of the stuff.

Wait a sec. They'll give you a $20 coupon and their greedy?? Instead of being bummed out I think I'd be happy I had a $20 coupon to use next time.

I would be happy that they are even offer coupons. How many local speed shops offer coupons?

About the tax situation. I bought a pistol grip shifter not long ago and was going to get it from a local speed shop here in SC. Well I found out that I was going to have to pay sales tax so I bought it from Year One instead. Year One isn't the cheapest place in the world but I didn't have to pay sales tax. Sorry but in today's economy and looking at my job status every penny counts. I don't have anything against small speed shops and hope they do good.

hay you people missunderstood my sarcasm. i was refering to me being disapointed cause i could have split the the purchas and used two cuepons

-
Back