Summit Racing shipping

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My neighbor ordered a gas tank from Summit for a new project he just bought.
I guess the guy that packaged it, did not give two sh*ts that day.

I think this one tops the time they bent a set of head-gaskets in 1/2 that I ordered to get them to fit in the box.

xXCwkp.jpg

Its going back, the filler neck is tweaked.

Not a Summit box, bet it was shipped direct from the manufacturer.

I'm done with Summit. I ordered some gauges and some AN fittings on Thursday, expected delivery before I paid was Saturday end of day. Ran my card, got a tracking, number, checked it on Friday, expected delivery changed to Tuesday...
So much for my weekend wrenching plans.
I live about 6 hours from their Sparks Nevada location....5 days to travel a few hundred miles.
Emailed customer service, "sorry it's taking longer than YOU expected, have a good day"
:BangHead:
I'll be sending pics of my Jegs receipts to them for awhile.:icon_fU:

I'm done with Summit. I ordered some gauges and some AN fittings on Thursday, expected delivery before I paid was Saturday end of day. Ran my card, got a tracking, number, checked it on Friday, expected delivery changed to Tuesday...
So much for my weekend wrenching plans.
I live about 6 hours from their Sparks Nevada location....5 days to travel a few hundred miles.
Emailed customer service, "sorry it's taking longer than YOU expected, have a good day"
:BangHead:
I'll be sending pics of my Jegs receipts to them for awhile.:icon_fU:

So, you’re blaming Summit because their shipping carrier delayed your delivery? Because if you got a tracking number that means the carrier had the
package, not Summit. Literally out of their hands at that point unless the package went missing, which it didn’t. Seems silly to me, shipping delays happen no matter who the carrier is.

And if you’re that close to Sparks and you think that Jegs shipping is gonna treat you better, well, good luck! Because that hasn’t been my experience with Jegs at all.

My experience.
My decision.
Sorry to rustle your jimmies.
If they can't confirm delivery dates, they shouldn't quote them.

My experience.
My decision.
Sorry to rustle your jimmies.
If they can't confirm delivery dates, they shouldn't quote them.

Hey I don’t care, do what you want. Doesn’t bother me a bit. I just thought I might point out that Summit just relayed the delivery information that they got from the shipping carrier, and then the shipping carrier dropped the ball. Nothing Summit can do about that, other than maybe drop the carrier if it happens too much. Not sure what you really expected to happen there, shipping delays happen.

But hey, go buy your stuff from Jegs. Doesn’t hurt my feelings any, Summit doesn’t pay me kick backs or anything. If you think shipping service from Summit is bad, wait ‘til you do business with Jegs for awhile. You’ll be waiting longer across the board, and that’s if nothing goes sideways. And if my Jegs orders are any indication, they will go sideways. But that’s just my experience.

Done business with Summit and Jegs (mostly summit) for years. Never had a bad experience with shipping from either one. I've had one complaint about a "summit" product and they were willing to eat the cost.

I never asked for anybody's permission. I was responding to a post by the o p about undesirable shipping , so I thought I'd add my experience. I didn't set out to trigger anyone, but here we are.
My local PepBoys has a pretty large speed shop and will price match anything from Jegs Or Summit...with NO shipping cost.
I'll be using them more in the future, if everyone is OK with that of course...lol
Hey I don’t care, do what you want. Doesn’t bother me a bit. I just thought I might point out that Summit just relayed the delivery information that they got from the shipping carrier, and then the shipping carrier dropped the ball. Nothing Summit can do about that, other than maybe drop the carrier if it happens too much. Not sure what you really expected to happen there, shipping delays happen.

But hey, go buy your stuff from Jegs. Doesn’t hurt my feelings any, Summit doesn’t pay me kick backs or anything. If you think shipping service from Summit is bad, wait ‘til you do business with Jegs for awhile. You’ll be waiting longer across the board, and that’s if nothing goes sideways. And if my Jegs orders are any indication, they will go sideways. But that’s just my experience.

My wife ordered me a muffler for my truck one night, I had it by noon the next day.

Columbus, Ohio to Pittsburgh.

Actually when Summit sends you an email with tracking info, you can track when that package was picked up. Same happened to me last week. Ordered Friday morning, tracking info that night, and Sunday evening is when fedex picked it up.

So dont say it’s out of Summits hands when it really never left the building.

Actually when Summit sends you an email with tracking info, you can track when that package was picked up. Same happened to me last week. Ordered Friday morning, tracking info that night, and Sunday evening is when fedex picked it up.

This^^.
Thank you.

The lack of logical thinking in this thread is getting out of control.

The tracking info was created, the shipper was on the hook for the delivery schedule at that point. FedEx finally drags their truck to the warehouse on Sunday evening, but it's Summit's fault.

Explain to me, what is Summit supposed to do on Saturday morning when FedEx didn't show up as scheduled?

My wife ordered me a muffler for my truck one night, I had it by noon the next day.

Columbus, Ohio to Pittsburgh.
This has been my experience in the past, hence why I'd spend many thousands of dollars with them. Their response to my concern is what pissed me off.
Not how you'd expect to be treated after being a repeat customer, for many years.

While I agree with ya, no company should say something is shipped if it’s not in the shipping company’s hands. That would alleviate a lot of problems.

And you know this is how it went down, how?
The lack of logical thinking in this thread is getting out of control.

The tracking info was created, the shipper was on the hook for the delivery schedule at that point. FedEx finally drags their truck to the warehouse on Sunday evening, but it's Summit's fault.

Explain to me, what is Summit supposed to do on Saturday morning when FedEx didn't show up as scheduled?
I ship parts to members here multiple times a week. So it'd be cool for me to lie about things being shipped, and just do it when I got around to it?
I keep my word and expect the same from people/corporations I decide to spend my money with.

Last edited:
While I agree with ya, no company should say something is shipped if it’s not in the shipping company’s hands. That would alleviate a lot of problems.

Summit created the shipment and contacted FedEx. FedEx gave them the tracking number. FedEx confirmed the delivery date. So Summit sends you an email saying it's shipped, with the tracking number and expected delivery date, because that's what FedEx agreed to when they took the shipment. FedEx then picks up the shipment late, and delivers it late.

But it's Summit's fault. You said yourself, you can track the shipment, and it says it's sitting in the warehouse awaiting pick up. Somebody at Summit can probably see the same thing, but if it's the weekend, what do they do about it before Monday? The only reason this is even an issue is that they normally get you the parts the next day or two, isn't that awesome? If it always took a week you'd just say it was normal.

And you know this is how it went down, how?

I ship parts to members here multiple times a week. So it'd be cool for me to lie about things being shipped, and just do it when I got around to it?
I keep my word expect the same from people/corporations I decide to spend my money with.

And if you scheduled a pick up online after you packaged a part and created a label with a shipping service, and then they didn't show up, you'd do what?

What if you left the package at a drop off locker to be picked up? Would you know exactly when it got picked up? Or would you just know that you dropped it off to be shipped and then it sat there because the shipping service missed the pickup before the weekend?

We haven't even pretended you're shipping thousands of parts a day from a remote warehouse yet. Do what you want, all I've been saying this whole time is that these things happen. They happen with all shipping services, and they happen with pretty much all retailers eventually.

I'd do what I could to satisfy the customer.
Not just "sorry it not what you expected" .
My expectation was what THEY claimed .
Not something I just wished for. If they had been accurate in their qoute, I wouldn't have paid for them. Delivery changed AFTER they took my money.

-
Back