Summit single stage

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I shot Summits single stage paint.
This would be a very easy paint for a first time painter to use, it lays down nice.

Be warned buy the reducer for it, their web site does not mention it is required, the paint is very thick.
I ended up doubling the amount the tech sheet says to use.
Like 4:1:1 and the paint was still thick, I could not put a run in the paint if I tried, it was really cold outside when I shot it but the garage temp was between 60 - 70.

Z1iWIW.jpg

I think you shouldda got red.

Thanks for the comments, it looks good for the price, like $120 for a gallon with all the reducers.

As for tip size I have no idea, its an old 25 year old NAPA gun made by Stewart and Warner. It will shoot enamel and base/clear with no issues, but you better be moving your hand fast with the clear, so my guess it is around a 1.5 tip.

This is a picture of base/clear, I shot with the same gun.

opBPFj.jpg

I had a 50 2A a bajillion years ago. You've come a long way with that one.

Thanks Rusty, all you have to do is start with a good foundation.

1000437.jpg

I figured you guys would like to see the finished product.
Still have to put the factory gas tank back in, winch back on etc.

Umof9E.jpg

Goes to prove good prep goes a long way. Nice job man!

Prep makes all the difference.
I actually sanded the whole inside of the tub down with 400 grit and was going to paint it body color.
My wife said don't make the inside shiny because I would freak out when our 5 yr old granddaughter puts a scratch on it.
I though about it for a day or so, and sanded it down with 80 grit and shot bed-liner on the inside.

21ie4t.jpg

KCvsVn.jpg

-
Back