Summit single stage?

-

dmopar74

Reaction score
Has anybody used the summit single stage acrylic urethane paints lately? I was going to go with tcp global restoration shop but the summit is over $100 cheaper per gallon. Looking for driver quality but still want a decent product.

Has anybody used the summit single stage acrylic urethane paints lately? I was going to go with tcp global restoration shop but the summit is over $100 cheaper per gallon. Looking for driver quality but still want a decent product.
Yes. I am helping a friend restore his 56 Studebaker Power Hawk. Back then, no matter what color your car was, the inside of the trunk and the bottom of the decklid were a grey color very close to what I would call Battleship Grey. He found a source that said they had the correct color, but it was stupid expensive. He found a grey single stage acrylic urethane on the Summit site that looked perfect. I sprayed the trunk and the back of the decklid with my Iwata Super Nova 1.3 tip gun, and it went on like a dream. I was very impressed with it. Here are a few pictures.

Trunk01.JPG

Trunk02.jpg

Trunk03.jpg

BTW, i really like the TCP products. I painted my Barracuda with their base clear in 1969 Plymouth F8 green that they custom mixed. But if the color you want is available at Summit, it worked great.

"Lately" is a bit of a stretch, but the front clip of my Duster is painted with Summit single stage. It's held up well and sprayed out just fine.

I ordered my tcp global through Walmart and it was even cheaper than tcp website price.
Free shipping as well.
Maybe it still is.
Around $125 for a gallon with hardener, reducer, filters and stir sticks.

I think it’s driver quality.

IMG_5126.png

-
Back