Summit's 340/360 to /6 K-member conversion Kit 60$ (Thumbs up)

-
Its probably easier and cheaper to just buy the kit then to track down the truck mount and modify it.

I have a bunch of truck mounts laying around and I like building stuff rather than buying stuff, plus i'm a cheap s.o.b.

I'm using the Schumacher poly mounts in my Slant to small block conversion. I wish I would have known. Anyway, the poly mounts transmit nearly all the engine vibration into the car.

Can I swap in regular biscuit mounts and chain the motor down? Are they the same size etc?

Attachments

• B4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 151
That would happen with stock mounts too. The cars with that style k-frame came with the federal pump. The Saginaw pumps came on spool mount cars.

Yup yup.

Also, lots of folks dont know this but on the 67/72 K frames the drivers side mount welded to the frame is the same mount from six to V8. Only the passenger side K frame welded in mount is six or V8 specific.

I was thinking federal pump with this setup too.

Matt

I'm using the Schumacher poly mounts in my Slant to small block conversion. I wish I would have known. Anyway, the poly mounts transmit nearly all the engine vibration into the car.

Can I swap in regular biscuit mounts and chain the motor down? Are they the same size etc?

Tell me about it , after 12,000 miles all kinds of rattles from the dash , those poly mounts transmit almost as much as solid mounts .
Looking to change them for some decent stock type mounts

Thanks for bringing this back up.
I will be buying this kit instead of my other option

-
Back