Sun Burn Remedies?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
My girlfriend Carmen and I are in Guatemala for a month, and then on to other countries. Carmen decided to go suntanning today, and even though she was wearing sunscreen, she still burnt pretty bad. She has fair skin to begin with, so a couple hours laying in the sun didn't do her any good. She is bright red, everywhere except where she was wearing a bikini. My back sort of burnt, but I have naturally darker skin then her to begin with, so it didn't get me too bad.

Anyone got any sun burn remedies of their own? She is in pain, and doesn't know what to do. Right now she is taking a cold shower to try to cool herself down. We have no aloe vera either at the moment.

Thanks.

Silverdeen ( SPELLING ) ??? Something like that. My wife burns easy also. Now days we both have gotten wiser in our years and realize how dangerous the sun is and cover up if out in it. Hope y'all get better and have fun.

Look for the words Farmacia on a storefront, go inside and point to the sunburned skin, they'll sell you something good, including something for pain if your gf wants it.

I've used this on more than one occasion and it's never failed Me.Soak a towel in cool water and lay it on the burnt area.It feels a bit creepy but if you can sleep like this it will really reverse the burn.Once the towel warms up to body temperture you need to remoisten the towel.keeping the skin cool is what halts the burn and helps reverse the effects.hope this helps.

Nupercanal-Yep the stuff made for hemroids. It always worked for me but I have been called an *** once or twice. It does work!!

Too bad Alo vera isnt around... or Solarcaine... thats what is really needed to slow the burn and rehydrate the skin. Hopefully one of the other suggestions that has been made helps.

-RPM

Aveeno, colloidal oatmeal bath. Follow the directions and it will take care of the burning sensation and rehydrate the burned dermal layer.

Silvadene; its used as an antibacterial agent for burns. I've used it. great stuff. In absence of that; the cold towel compresses worked last time for me.

I avoid the sun at all costs now...hate it. got rid of the ragtop for a hardtop too!!!

Vinegar yes. Solarcaine (sp) works not bad. I come from a long line of sunburners lol so I can sympathize with her. I've had sunstroke and believe me it is not fun. Covering up and staying out of the sun during the hottest time is the best advise. I'm not sold on sunscreens as they have they're own problems.

We both tried cold baths with oatmeal, as we also read that somewhere else, and Carmen took a cold shower which broke her down pretty good. We're in a house on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, with no means of transport, other than taking a small boat taxi to surrounding towns of Panajachel and San Pedro. Tomorrow we're going to San Pedro though to get some groceries, and will get some Aloe Vera for sure, and possibly some of the other mentioned things.

its tropical where you are, so i'm sure there's aloe growing there. ask the locals, find some and break the stalk open and rub the juice on the sunburn area. nothing works better.

Are you serious?

Uuuhhh..... not really.

You're full of crap :---) :---) :violent1: :poke:

I was never going to tell anyone this but here it goes.

I went and looked at some property that was for sale. I walked through woods, kudzu, and tall grass with just a pair of shorts on. I left and went over to my friends house who paints cars on the side. When I was on the way over I notice that chiggers had adhered to my "go nads". They wasn't itching but I could tell that something was happening and the itching would come next. I told my friend about my troubles who was sanding on a old car and he said "Soak that rag with that can of lacquer thinner over there and wipe your balls with it. It will kill those little suckers!" I soaked the rag and walked around back of the shop and did as I was told. It felt sooooo good and refreshing and could tell that the chiggers wasn't having a good time.

BUT

As soon as the thinner started to "flash off" what was cool and refreshing became SATAN'S RAGE on my "go nads". As I took off running towards his house to try to wash the thinner off I went flying by the shop door in which got my friends attention. He yelled out "Don't put water on them it will actually make it worse!" When he said that I collapsed on his porch leading into the house and TOOK IT LIKE A MAN! I could feel all the blood go from my face and felt like some one had a blow torch down there trying to burn those suckers off! It wasn't long my friend was standing over me saying "I just can't believe you did that!" laughing so hard that he could barely get the words out.

After it was all said and done I had no itching of any kind then or days later after my "self inflicted" washing.
I mention lacquer thinner a lot when people ask "What do thing I should put on this?" I know it's cruel! LOL

repelling chiggers, on your nads, of all places, what a fine use for lacquer thinner, LMAO. Thanks for sharing your pain!

Aloe is best, fresh from the plant. Maybe not for chiggers.

-
Back