Sun distributor machine

-
Yes, when I first picked it up, I spun a mopar electronic and it worked fine. I suppose I could try it again.
Nah. I don't think an A-B B-A test is needed in this case.

Hook up Pertronix with ignition coil, and use a timing light. Put plug wire from coil to ground, use that to trigger clamp-on timing light.
and a Battery and that would be clever work around.

Rmchrger - Those links are very good and anything "Tuner" posts is worth extra attention.

I should be working on a Sun distributor machine at my friends shop in the next week or so. I'll see what he's done, if anything yet, with pertronix in the machine.

The battery hook up makes sense. I have a 9V handy that I set the rev limiter with before setting it up in the sun machine. ill give it a try first

The red lead of pertronix to battery +, black lead to point lead on Sun. Battery negative to ground. The battery supplies the power to pertronix, coil in Sun is pulled low by black lead, just as points would do. Sun provides coil power but, that is internal in Sun.

9V battery worked perfect. The pertronix performed pretty well, and even cut off at the correct rev limit.

Cool! Seems like a hall-effect trigger needs an external energy source unlike a magnetic pickup. Either way, glad it works now.

-
Back