Sun super tach, finally found

-
First indication that it's not old is the case.
It's in a plastic box?

That's not saying 1970 to me.

First indication that it's not old is the case.
It's in a plastic box?

That's not saying 1970 to me.
It's not old, it's a retroline, but you can't get the retro's with the sun name anymore, I wanted a new one with the old look, so it will work for me. The one's at Amazon aren't in stock anymore, only the Bosch with no name.

So my understanding and please don't take this out of context; no harm intended, is there's the original Sunpro "Sun Super Tach" then acquired by Snap-on/Actron which produced the Retro line "Sun Super Tach" and finally acquired by Bosch which is producing the Retro line without the "Sun Super Tach" logo on the face. So essentially 3 different manufacturers making the same "style" Tach. The one listed on Amazon would be the 2nd of the three

Cheers

SST-802 ?? original
1st sun super tach.png

SST-802R Retro Line
2nd actron.png

FLT-8000 Retro Line
3rd bosch.jpg

Last edited:
So my understanding and please don't take this out of context; no harm intended, is there's the original Sunpro "Sun Super Tach" then acquired by Snap-on/Actron which produced the Retro line "Sun Super Tach" and finally acquired by Bosch which is producing the Retro line without the "Sun Super Tach" logo on the face. So essentially 3 different manufacturers making the same "style" Tach. The one listed on Amazon would be the 2nd of the three

Cheers

SST-802 ?? original
View attachment 1715301932

SST-802R Retro Line
View attachment 1715301933

FLT-8000 Retro Line
View attachment 1715301934
You are correct only the bottom one pictured is the only one available now, unless you can still find one with the sun name somewhere like I did.

-
Back