Sun Super Tach

-

coalman

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these hooked up, with MSD type ignition? Tach has, blue, green, red, and black wires, and does not work? Thanks

My sun didn't work also with MSD. Had to buy a MSD tach adapt if I remember. Last 10 years I have been using a auto meter without my tach adapt.

Yup. Go to the MSD site and read the destructions for your ignition. I bet you need a tach adapter

"Side note" Long before Al Gore invented the internet, I bought one of these when they FIRST came out in the early seventies. The "ads" in the hotrod mags "assured" us it would work with "electronic ignition." I did not understand, then, that CDI ignition was a "something different" These were the days of stuff like "Delta" and "Tiger SST." I fought that thing for a long time, and finally scored a hemi tach drive dist (dual point) which I promptly stuffed into the 440 with a huge Jones / Motrola tach

This was a big black face / white numbers. The 70RR came with a "tic toc" tach / clock which never worked. The original owner took it out and sent it in on warranty and never got it resolved. When I bought the car it had the old "two piece" Sun in there. The Jones very nearly matched the speedo in the 70 RR dash.

-
Back