Sunday cam day

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
Well, I am going to do it. I ordered the XE268H Comp Cam and all the gaskets, etc... and Sunday it gets installed. I am swapping motors this winter but wanted a little more oomph and a nice sound until then. Little bro is coming to help, then marinated teriyaki roasts on the grill later that afternoon. Should be a good day all around.
On a side note, I helped little bro paint the engine compartment on his 66 Charger a few weeks ago. He got the 440 in but had trouble with the headers. He brought them over and we heated them up and beat them up a bit so there was enough room to get a wrench on the bolt. Little bastard had been buying six pack carbs over the years when he found a good price. Sold his Edelbrock 6 pack manifold and bought the Weiand he always wanted. Now he has a gorgeous 66 Charger with a 440 6 pack.

Not sure what motor your running it in, but I think you will like it.
Thats a highly reccomended cam, and Comp makes a great product.
I run it in my 360, and its a little bruiser !

Not sure what motor your running it in, but I think you will like it.
Thats a highly reccomended cam, and Comp makes a great product.
I run it in my 360, and its a little bruiser !

318, Eddy air gap, Eddy 600 cfm, 2800 stall, Hooker competition headers with 2 1/2" exhaust, Dana 60 w/ 4.10, mono leafs and Caltracs.

Looking to wake it up a bit in an easy afternoon's work. I am changing motors this winter, but want a little more power and a nice loping sound.

That is the problem. I bought it and those things are unknown. It was originally a 318 car. When I bought it it had a horrendous vibration on low acceleration. I saw the torque converter had a weight on it and 318 converters are internally balanced. I changed to a 318 2800 stall and the vibration went away. I suspect someone installed a different motor and when they decided to sell pulled it and stuck a 318 back in. I never checked the numbers to see if it is the original 318 or not. So the cam is a little of a shot in the dark. It is supposed to have a light cam in it now, but it is pretty gutless. Next spring it will roll out of the garage with a 408 stroker.

Well, I am going to do it. I ordered the XE268H Comp Cam and all the gaskets, etc... and Sunday it gets installed. I am swapping motors this winter but wanted a little more oomph and a nice sound until then. Little bro is coming to help, then marinated teriyaki roasts on the grill later that afternoon. Should be a good day all around.
On a side note, I helped little bro paint the engine compartment on his 66 Charger a few weeks ago. He got the 440 in but had trouble with the headers. He brought them over and we heated them up and beat them up a bit so there was enough room to get a wrench on the bolt. Little bastard had been buying six pack carbs over the years when he found a good price. Sold his Edelbrock 6 pack manifold and bought the Weiand he always wanted. Now he has a gorgeous 66 Charger with a 440 6 pack.

Put the very same cam in my son's 84 pickup 360 bone stock fleet rebuild engine with a weiand intake, 600afb and headers......the li'l sucker will throw you back in the seat.....he loves it.

Rickster

ya outta post an exhaust vid when you get done , i haven't found a video of what a xe 268 sounds like in a 318 yet. even tho i have the same cam in a rebuilt 318 short block on the engine stand in my garage lol. ughhhh sometimes ya gotta put projects on the back burner for awhile... anyways good luck with the swap..

What a pain in the *** the oil pan to timing cover seal was. It took so long it was all I could do to get it back together by dark. I changed the oil and fired it up this morning. Just got it broken in. Sounds very nice. I am going to work on the timing and post a vid after I drive it a bit and wash all the oil and coolant off.

Okay 72 slant six swinger, here is the sound of an XE268H.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK0c6FUfpc8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK0c6FUfpc8[/ame]

I really like that sound. Is it pretty good on the low end? With my engine perhaps being done I am already thinking of what cam to use in a new 318.

I really like that sound. Is it pretty good on the low end? With my engine perhaps being done I am already thinking of what cam to use in a new 318.

It was until I had problems. That will be in another post. When I first had it running it smoked the tires with just a little goose of the pedal. I am running a Dana 60 with 4.10 so all my power is low end anyway. Got a big misfire / backfire issue right now. Pissing me off!

Here's a vid of my Son's 360/XE268H....this was taken about a year ago.....he's put over 8,000 miles on it so far and it's still running great...!!!!!!

It's in HD so let it load first......:hello2:

Rickster

-
Back