Sunroof demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should tell that guy the sunroof is an aftermarket piece. I think the "rare" option just cut the value in half because it now needs a roof skin. Unless I am mistaken.

$(KGrHqJ,!q!F!Iq0LzdkBQK,-Wo6Fg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!ncF!LJQIKviBQKbEFtvgg~~60_3.JPG

Someone should tell that guy the sunroof is an aftermarket piece. I think the "rare" option just cut the value in half because it now needs a roof skin. Unless I am mistaken.

$(KGrHqJ,!q!F!Iq0LzdkBQK,-Wo6Fg~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!ncF!LJQIKviBQKbEFtvgg~~60_3.JPG

you are mistaken sir.
did you look at the build sheet.
it says AMERICAN SUNROOF
i know of 4 of these cars in mint condition.
hard to find

The fender tag says V3X which stands for

V3 = Manual folding sunroof
X = Black in color
Ive owned 2 of these cars 1 was a 72 318 Duster and the other was a 72 340 Demon these sunroofs are ultra rare it is a factory option very seldom ordered because they were expensive. This option was introduced in mid 71 and discontined in mid 72 . The cars were taken off the assembly line and taken to American Sunroof Corp in Detroit where the roofs were custom installed . The sunroof handles on these cars have a VW bug part # and logo as they were originall made by Golde a German sunroof company that ASC bought out they just used the handles that Golde supplied with this roof.

i wonder if the rallye bezel was cobbled in or snuck out the door......sunroof is rare option for sure , i cant imagine those sunroof pieces are easy to come by

You are mistaken. No biggie, rare and often un heard of combos and offerings go unseen for a long time. (Like a 383/4bb. pistol grip 4 spd station wagon) This is a stock factory item. Not a after market add on.

Though you can still get these roofs added on to just about anything. There was a thread around here that had a link to the company selling these roof ad on's.

that dash is a mess, it looks like someone spray bombed the cluster black and stuck it in there. look at the lower left

Attachments

• 72dash.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 887
Look close you can see that it doesnt even fit right. It should have the other cluster being a 72 so someone hacked the dash up to get that in there,

The V3 sunroof was a option from mid 71 to mid 72 on Dusters and Demons. The early cars had the large round standard dome light commonly found in our cars right behing the roof opening, the later cars had the 2 small dome lights located in the shoulder seat belt area i know this is a fact as ive owned 2 original V3 cars 1 early build car and 1 later build car. Im adding a later sunroof to my 72 demon .

Attachments

• IMG_1377.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_1379.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 848
The first Duster I ever looked at buying, back in 1986 was a 72 with folding sun roof. It was a 340 car and in good shape for a Michigan car. To a 16 year old it was perfect. At $1500 it was too much for my parents to spend...ended up with a 76 Dart Sport for $350.
To this day I have always wanted a folding sun roof car and at 41 $6500 is sadly to expensive. I should have remained single my entire life. Women are too expensive...

The dash looks to be from a 68/69 Barracuda. Partially covering where heater control is supposed to be. Gotta love the flex pipe exhaust!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back