Super 6 power possibilities

-

Gopher

Reaction score
First thing is first I'm not building this just curious what kind of power can you get out of one of the stock manifolds , mild head work, cam , and small 4 brl. High compression low compression just gettin some answers

ehhhhh........not much. Maybe 25 more HP. Maybe not. Milling the head .100" would help a lot.

Ok wasn't thinkin to much. There us someone on craigslist selling a /6 claiming 450 hp thru a 390 4brl. He said the was some had work done didn't mention big valves just springs. Thought it was kind of fishy seeing he only wanted 600 plus a built 904. Tho it still would be worth it for the split iron exhaust and carb.

Ok wasn't thinkin to much. There us someone on craigslist selling a /6 claiming 450 hp thru a 390 4brl. He said the was some had work done didn't mention big valves just springs. Thought it was kind of fishy seeing he only wanted 600 plus a built 904. Tho it still would be worth it for the split iron exhaust and carb.

450hp...naturally aspirated?? I don't think so..and without headers?? I think the seller is full of it. A /6 pushing around 300hp or close to it has about every mod you can think of and radical at that. You can bet it's got headers to.

-
Back