super 6 upgrade?

-

challenger_moe

Reaction score
well i am thinking of going to a super 6 after some issues wuth my single barrel set up. the question is to swap over besides the manifold what else do you need? ad what carb is recomended? just looking for a driver.

I believe you need the exhaust manifold that came with the supper 6 manifold as well. Not 100% sure on that. Correct me if im wrong.

get the whole kickdown linkage from the donor car, you will need all of it from carb, to trans. i think most run the carter 2bbl, not sure tho, others will chime in on that..

I did just what your talking about, I just used the same exhaust manifold, just need Intake manifold, Carb Carter or Holley I like the carters best, Hole kick-down linkage that is a must or you will burn your trans up, BELIEVE me I did just that.

I did just what your talking about, I just used the same exhaust manifold, just need Intake manifold, Carb Carter or Holley I like the carters best, Hole kick-down linkage that is a must or you will burn your trans up, BELIEVE me I did just that.

how did you burn it up exactly? wrong linkage? no linkage? way out of adjustment? lol.

how did you burn it up exactly? wrong linkage? no linkage? way out of adjustment? lol.

Throttle pressure or kick-down linkage has to be connected to increase internal hydraulic pressure in transmission when car accelerates. Early soft shifts, slippage and heat is the result of low transmission line pressure by incorrect adjustment or lack of kick-down linkage; this condition will burn up all friction surfaces on bands, and clutches in short order.

Not only get the linkage from donor car, but grab the little lever all that rigging connects to on the transmission as well.

No linkage tryed to use the old and tie it off and that worked for shifting but burnt it up. LOL well ok not to funny

Throttle pressure or kick-down linkage has to be connected to increase internal hydraulic pressure in transmission when car accelerates. Early soft shifts, slippage and heat is the result of low transmission line pressure by incorrect adjustment or lack of kick-down linkage; this condition will burn up all friction surfaces on bands, and clutches in short order.

Not only get the linkage from donor car, but grab the little lever all that rigging connects to on the transmission as well.

yeah, i was askin bkd, i figured he done one of the 3 things i mentioned, i was just curious as to how he done it lol. thanks for breakin it down tho.

What he says makes sense and is what will happen, I did not no this when I did mine. So when I took off it practically went rite into 3rd bam bam rite into 3rd. So that's why I tied off the kick-down linkage to where it shifted normal, but doing that it was still slipping burning the trans fluid I guess. So yes get everything you can.

Brad

-
Back