Super Late LA 360???

-

MarzGraphixDesign

Reaction score
Hey, I have a 90 Dodge Ram with a 360. I'm In the process of swapping over from the TBI system to a carb. for easier maintenance and tuneability. I noticed It has a roller cam and lifters stock, I also noticed that the rockers are on a shaft setup like an LA but, have the holes like a magnum head does. So are these oil thru push rod only or, are they thru the block too? I have a set of rollers I was wanting to throw at It but, they have no provision for push rod oiling. Thanks In advance.

It is a LA engine...oil thru the heads to the shaft...

89 to 91 LA 360s have roller cams but still oil thru the heads

That’s a good one, high swirl 360, usually in the 9:1 neighborhood on compression. A lot of good build potential for a truck or a strong street car.

That’s a good one, high swirl 360, usually in the 9:1 neighborhood on compression. A lot of good build potential for a truck or a strong street car.
More awesome news. Should respond well to the 1.6 ratio rockers, Eddy air gap performer, street demon 750, 1&5/8 headers, MSD dizzy and 6al box with a set of taylor wires. I was thinking of yanking the heads to do a little clean up maybe a port match.

"Should respond well to the 1.6 ratio rockers"
save your money
roller rockers require a "B3" kit to work properly
go to B3 racing engines and read all four of his tech reports
Better and less expensive to get a cam optimized for the MOPAR lifter and/or a custom ground cam for your applications
stock or Iron adj rockers should work fine for your compression and rev range

9:1 should not require
MSD dizzy and 6al box with a set of taylor wires.

-
Back