Super Shifter 3 mount

-

MoparMic

Reaction score
I'm finally going to be able to work on my car again after almost 2 year. I have a Super Shifter 3 that I bought off ebay mounted in the car on a stock mounting bracket I know that the ones i seen in the old days had a different mount that came with the shifter and the ram rod linkage i have seen a few in the stock location using stock linkage for the forward gears and modified for reverse but I cant help buy think that i can build my own mount and linkage. I found this picture of a mount on an abody trans that I`m going to fabricate and weld up some rod ends and tubes for the linkage. I`m not sure if its the mount that the shifter came with but it looks like it would locate the shifter in the hole and raise it up i also found an old picture of Ronnie Sox stick in his car that looks like what I'm trying to do. I'm going to cut the 4 speed tunnel out this week so its easyer to fab this up. If anyone has a pic of a Hurst SS 3 abody mount or one mounted in the car that would help a bunch

054.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

mopp_1010_09_o+sox_and_martin+shifter.jpg

I'm finally going to be able to work on my car again after almost 2 year. I have a Super Shifter 3 that I bought off ebay mounted in the car on a stock mounting bracket I know that the ones i seen in the old days had a different mount that came with the shifter and the ram rod linkage i have seen a few in the stock location using stock linkage for the forward gears and modified for reverse but I cant help buy think that i can build my own mount and linkage. I found this picture of a mount on an abody trans that I`m going to fabricate and weld up some rod ends and tubes for the linkage. I`m not sure if its the mount that the shifter came with but it looks like it would locate the shifter in the hole and raise it up i also found an old picture of Ronnie Sox stick in his car that looks like what I'm trying to do. I'm going to cut the 4 speed tunnel out this week so its easyer to fab this up. If anyone has a pic of a Hurst SS 3 abody mount or one mounted in the car that would help a bunch

View attachment 1714940818

View attachment 1714940844

View attachment 1714940851
hi. I made a aluminum plate to move shifter up in my duster. I used 1/2 inch by 4 " t6 aluminum plate, it is 7 " long, it moves shifter up to right height for shifting easier. very simple to make, just drill holes for mounting to trans and for shifter. very little trimming is needed to floor pan.

I have a mount similar to that. If I can find it, you can have it if you want it. If I can locate it, I will post a picture.

I had a similar situation mounting a v-gate shifter. I posted asking Fabo members if anyone has the bracket could they just drop it on a piece of paper and trace around it and the holes, essentially a template? And within about a week of refreshing the post a kind member (i wish i could remember who and give more kudos to now) sent me a very good template.
I made a couple copies, cut one out, traced it on the metal ( I used quarter inch steel instead of half inch aluminum just to make it easy and there wasn't a ton of weight savings on a small bracket like that) used a Center punched where the holes were drilled them out, cleaned it up, spray painted it and Wallah! And then of course like you're saying made my own custom linkage a few trips to the hardware store and my welder.
20151101_142124.jpg
20151101_185414.jpg
20151107_173725.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply guys this is a big help. If you can find that plate that would be great even if you just trace it for me like Jpar showed I don`t want to take your stuff unless you really don't need it.

I don't need it. I will never use it. But I have to FIND it. I did a quick look see last night and didn't see it. I will pick the shelves apart later today and see if I can find it.

I have two more shelves to go through. If it is not on either of those, I guess I don;t have it anymore......but I ain't givin up yet. Will know for sure this evenin.

If you find it make sure to drop it on a piece of paper and trace it out for guys like me who have the capability to make a simple Copy. When I was looking for that vertigate shifter bracket there was a guy on fleabay who wanted like a hundred and some crazy odf dollars for one. Now I have at least a piece of paper if another member wants one I can just put it in an envelope and send it to them and they can make their own little bracket. I actually had a member call me on that and I said just email me your address and I'll send you one and never heard back from him but I was willing at the very least. Of course the cynical side of me says if somebody is selling these brackets like their gold on eBay I should be able to sell the template for $10? LOL but alas that's not me. Just my cynical mind.

I here you Jpar I found one guy that had the factory hurst mount and he wanted a tun for it and I can understand its a rare piece I asked him if he would trace it for me and he said then you wont buy it which is true but he wouldn`t have been out anything to help me out. Like I said before Rusty don't make your self crazy I really appreciate your effort I can make one I will just cut one out of plywood then transfer it to steel this hole car has been a lesson in fabrication for sure but that just makes it more interesting and unique, I will make sure to post what I do for others

I have made some progress on the shiftier mount for my Barracuda. I started with a piece of plywood and worked my way up to 1/2 aluminum plate i roughed in the 1-2 3-4 rods today. I need to whittle down my main mount some and build the reverse linkage

20160706_100501.jpg

20160713_150157.jpg

20160713_150324.jpg

20160713_150455.jpg

You guys are way over-thinking this, I have a super shifter 3 in my duster, its bolted to the stock shifter mount, and used the stock shift linkage.
If you re-drill the stock push in handle and bolt it to the super shifter 3 it fits great.
Buy the super shifter rubber boot from hurst, use your oval factory trim ring, trim the rubber to fit the oval and you have a clean install using factory parts.

With that size hole in the floor I'd buy a V-Gate and slap that in there.

The SS III is a great shifter, but it ain't a V-gate.

Well after playing with it a little i decided i didn`t like the 3-4 shift rod having an angle in it so i did some research and found that the 3-4 lever on a b body was offset i know i could have swapped 1-2 with 3-4 but it didn`t leave room for the rod end so i bought a 3-4 for a b body and rebuilt the 3-4 rod and finished up the revers rod. 1 problem i have always seen with using rod ends is that the flip around some i`m not sure if it has any effect on shifting but i don`t like it so i made some sleeves and used jam nuts to hold them straight well see how it works. It isn`t completely adjusted yet but its all coming back out anyway i feel its close enough for now when i get ready to put the the drive train in i will mock it up on the bench

IMG_0163.JPG

-
Back