-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all:

Finally tracked down my super six set-up. Only thing missing now is the air cleaner. Whose got one for sale? I'd prefer one that's already restored, but I'll take what I can get. Let me know what you've got and the cost + shipping to 19095.

Thanks!

~Bob

Are these the air cleaner assembly you are looking for? If they are, you can have them both for $25.00, shipping included. Let me know if you're interested. If you'd just like one, make it $20.00, shipping included. Geof

100_1710.jpg

No those are pre-70's air cleaners. What he's looking for is a mid 70's air cleaner that resembles a 318 air cleaner. Beware bob, if you have A/C you'll need one of the air-cleaners with a recess in the side so it will clear the A/C compressor.

I think I there is a picture on slantsix.org

I'm currently piecing together a super six setup for my Dart , so I've done my research. Sometimes I feel like I know way too much about cars for only being 16 lol!

Here's the picture, I was talking about. If you look closely you'll see the recess in the front of the air-cleaner. I'm not sure if they all have them or if only A/C cars came with them, but regardless that is something you should keep in mind if your car has A/C.

ss-enginebay.jpg

Yep, I kinda figured that, but i thought I'd offer them up anyway. Thanks Matt for the info!!! Geof

What are you using for the trans kickdown? I have a 63 Valiant pushbutton auto.

Yep, I kinda figured that, but i thought I'd offer them up anyway. Thanks Matt for the info!!! Geof

No problem! I think that is the first time I've ever gave tech advice through a forum 8) :-D now to hit the books some more so I can do it agian :read2:

Thanks fir the advice Matt. I should have mentioned that it's an a/c car. I'm still looking so if anyone has one for sale let me know!

Good job Matt!
I have 2 of those Air Cleaners myself....
Never paid attention to the A/C cutout.... Now I gotta go look!
Here is the one on my '70 Dart GT (In better days) NO A/C cutout!:
1996 r03 70 Dart GT (19).jpg

Now I gotta check the other one out....... It IS an A/C cutout!

PS: You might wanna check this out too:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92208

Later,
Bruce B.

1996 r03 70 Dart GT (19).jpg

I did the super six conversion several years back on an '82 D150 'Miser'. One issue that's related to this thread is that, even though the air cleaner has the A/C compressor cutout, it doesn't quite clear the newer 6 cyl compressor they started using at some point. I need a 2-5/8" air cleaner riser, about 1/4"-1/2" tall. I only see 5-1/8" risers online.
Sorry that this isn't an A-body, but I thought it might be useful.
-Dan

Hey DLK... I also have a Super Six Spark Control Air Cleaner from a truck.... Will that work?

Let me know,
Bruce B.

I'm looking for a Super Six air cleaner as well for my 87 truck. I got the truck from my grandson and he used one of those chrome air cleaners :help:

Hey DLK... I also have a Super Six Spark Control Air Cleaner from a truck.... Will that work?

Let me know,
Bruce B.
I still have all the stuff I took off the truck when I did the conversion. In addition to the manifold/carb change, I replaced the ESC system with the standard Chrysler electronic ignition distributor and module (from the same donor car from which I got the manifold stack). The ESC air cleaner, while being taller, fits the Holley 1945 carb, which has a different air horn diameter. It isn't usable with the BBD. There may be a tall ESC air cleaner that fits the BBD, but the one I have isn't it.

If I could locate a short piece of heat-resistant tubing (ID 2-5/8", OD around 3"), I could solve my problem with this installation

Another sort-of-related issue with the A/C compressor on this vehicle is the lower support strut makes it difficult to install the 'Dutra Duals' front exhaust manifold, which is another mod I'm considering. My old exhaust manifold broke in the correct place to transform it into the rear manifold needed for the conversion.

-Dan

Are these the air cleaner assembly you are looking for? If they are, you can have them both for $25.00, shipping included. Let me know if you're interested. If you'd just like one, make it $20.00, shipping included. Geof

do you still have both of these air cleaners, if so call me I would like to buy them. Thanks Moe 1-559-901-1056

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back