Super Stock or Stock Style Leaf Springs for my 69 Barracuda.

-
Now would be a good time to add these front leaf spring hangers. Front has two holes. If your ride is to high you can use the upper mounting hole to lower the back of your car. I have these along with 002/003 SS springs on my 68 Barracuda.

Mancini Racing Spring Hanger Set

Does anyone have pics of cars with 002/003, or if you used two 002's or 003's etc... we love pictures

Make sure that the bushings for the front of the spring are centered. We recently got a set where the bushing was not pushed in all the way. It's a press fit from the manufacturer, and we couldn't get it to move ourselves without special equipment...

Mine look good. Thanks for the heads up.

Not the best picture but the only one I have of it right now 002/003 SS springs. I'll post more when I take them. Now this was with 235x60x15 and before I installed the front hangers with the double eye and lowered the rear. I also have 275x60x15 Nitto's on the back

1968 Barracuda.jpg

Does anyone have pics of cars with 002/003, or if you used two 002's or 003's etc... we love pictures

I'll have pics of two 003's soon. I did notice my Barracuda appears to have the 5/8 bolt in the front hanger already. I ordered new ones from Mancini but may not need them. Depends on how hard these original ones are to get off.

They both have 5 leafs. The 002 has a heavier front segment

Oh Ok. I must have been looking at the higher weight jobs at some point. I recall the LH having 6 leaves and the right 8. My originals have 6 on each side.

I'll have pics of two 003's soon. I did notice my Barracuda appears to have the 5/8 bolt in the front hanger already. I ordered new ones from Mancini but may not need them. Depends on how hard these original ones are to get off.

V-8 cars came with 5/8" bolts, slant 6 got the smaller ones. If you have an original v-8 car, you are good...

V-8 cars came with 5/8" bolts, slant 6 got the smaller ones. If you have an original v-8 car, you are good...
Ummm, I'm pretty sure all A-body front spring bushing bolts were 1/2" .... at least that's all I've ever seen ! Even on my 70 340 swinger ...

Ummm, I'm pretty sure all A-body front spring bushing bolts were 1/2" .... at least that's all I've ever seen ! Even on my 70 340 swinger ...

when i ordered springs for one of our darts from espo they asked if it was a v-8 or slantty. i asked why and they said the spring eye bolts were different sizes.. so i ordered the v-8 springs and had to drill out the slantty front spring brackets.

here are the bolt holes on the eaton springs i juts put on the car. the v-8 espos had the same size hole. the slant 6 springs i took off had a smaller bolt. i know i had pics but can't find them.

DSC_0113.JPG

Huh, that's interesting. Every A-body factory leaf spring I've touched has had 1/2" front bolts ! Weird stuff

We just did a set on a 69 Dart GTS 340 car and they were 5/8"...

Look in the service manual for the torque spec. It even says that the v-8 cars had the 5/8" bolt and the slant cars had 1/2" bolts. They have different torque specs...

Look in the service manual for the torque spec. It even says that the v-8 cars had the 5/8" bolt and the slant cars had 1/2" bolts. They have different torque specs...

Do you recall the torque spec on the 5/8?

I will definitely check that out when I get home. I'll shut my mouth from now on ! I did mine and my buddies car, both factory V8 cars and both had 1/2" bolts !

I will definitely check that out when I get home. I'll shut my mouth from now on ! I did mine and my buddies car, both factory V8 cars and both had 1/2" bolts !
ya never know with chrysler products what could have come on them..lol

looks like a slant 6 gets tightened to 85 ft pounds

v-8 cars get tightened to 125 ft pounds..

spring tq.JPG

Just got the springs on the RH side bolted up. My original 383 4 speed Formula S came originally with the 5/8 front hanger bolt. Got it off without burgering it up. If I can accomplish that with the LH side I'll send Mancini their bolts back.

Thanks for the torque specs. If all goes well I should be smokin' rubber this weekend.

Last edited:
Here are shots of my 69 with 003 springs installed. I really like it.

69 Barracuda S with Super Stock Springs 001.JPG

69 Barracuda S with Super Stock Springs 002.JPG

69 Barracuda S with Super Stock Springs 003.JPG

69 Barracuda S with Super Stock Springs 004.JPG

Nope, I've had a few 318 68 Barracudas and they had the 5/8 bolts...

My older son's 71 Valiant 318 had 5/8" bolts...

My younger son's 68 Valiant slant had a 1/2" bolt and I had to drill out the hole in the front hanger bracket and get a 5/8" bolt at a local hardware store to put the SS springs on that one...

Look in the 68 service manual in the rear spring torque specs, they even state the v-8 had the larger 5/8" bolts...

I stand corrected, and all this time I thought all A-body cars had 1/2" front bolts.... wish I came across one so I wouldn't have to drill out the holes !

TimS- your car looks great !!

I stand corrected, and all this time I thought all A-body cars had 1/2" front bolts.... wish I came across one so I wouldn't have to drill out the holes !

TimS- your car looks great !!

Thanks. Those 295 50 15's set the rear off pretty well. It's getting new paint and the stock black 383 stripe back on too once I get this shake issue behind me.

-
Back