super stock springs

-

terry

Reaction score
hi folks need some input on ss springs. it seems almost all referenced ss springs for an a body are the 002,003 part numbers. now in the chrysler chassis mamual they say these are for a 3000-3200 pound car. so what if your a body with a 4 speed is more likely around 3400 pounds. do you step up to a b-body ss spring?
thanks
terry

we use the 002,003 ss springs on all our darts and cudas. even the one were building for Mr. Norms with a 500 hemi and a 4 speed.

if u want u can see our cars in progress @ www.ssandafx.com

I would use the 002, 003. I used them in my cars weather they are for drag racing or the street.

What is the best way to set up the front end alignment on the car. I ask this because the car will lean to one side when it is sitting and under power it will level out. I screwed up when i had my car aligned and didn't pay enough attention and they jacked up my one torsion bar to make up for the springs making the car lean. When I finally realized what they did I went and put them back where i like them and my alignment is off bad. So i though that I could just set the toe in but my left wheel is tipping in. So long story short do i set the car level when it is under power or do I set it when for just driving.
Thanks Kyle

What is the best way to set up the front end alignment on the car. I ask this because the car will lean to one side when it is sitting and under power it will level out. I screwed up when i had my car aligned and didn't pay enough attention and they jacked up my one torsion bar to make up for the springs making the car lean. When I finally realized what they did I went and put them back where i like them and my alignment is off bad. So i though that I could just set the toe in but my left wheel is tipping in. So long story short do i set the car level when it is under power or do I set it when for just driving.
Thanks Kyle

well if you do the inboard spring perches, drill to vertical holes, one at 1.5" from the top and the next @ 2.5" from the top. put both springs on the top or bottom and it will level static, them just move the one spring opposite.

My solution to the 02-03 sky high rear end look with SS springs.

0317001238.jpg

Stance of car with 440 engine.
P7160037.jpg

Time slip with street tire's.
2010-07-23_222628.jpg

i have mine set up with the torsion bars at the stock measurements for how high it sits. I have no problems with it going straight

DSCN1514.jpg

I jut don't like the back of the car high in the air
28 inch tall tire's
IMGP0264.jpg

I am looking for a set of A-Body Super Stock springs.

might think of selling mine if i can get come Cal tracs and mono leafs

From Ed Hamburger in 1987; SS springs, # P3690266 &65. Never hit the ground. 3000# auto car, 125# rate. $150 plus shipping.
Ignore the floaters still attached; went coil overs.

i

ss springs.JPG

From Ed Hamburger in 1987; SS springs, # P3690266 &65. Never hit the ground. 3000# auto car, 125# rate. $150 plus shipping.
Ignore the floaters still attached; went coil overs.

Where can I check to part numbers. If they match I will buy them for the $150 shipped to me in York, Pa

Thanks,

KP

I Dunno, a member looked up the #'s, and gave me the info. I originally ordered them for a 70 Duster.

-
Back