Super stock springs ?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
So what are the pros and cons of super stock leaf springs?

Just kind of wondering if they are the way to go.They will be used on a 70 Dart,with a 360.Will I see a big difference over stock springs?

Also,is the 2800 lbs springs the way to go for a 70 Dart?

Thanks for the info.
John

Ride like crap, stink bug look. AS you can tell, I'm not a fan of SS Springs.

They do work good when the front sections are clamped and pinion angle is set properly..

I'd rather run stock leafs with a cal trac style bar. You can make them more mellow on the street by putting a piece of tubing on the lever force crossbar.

I got the S/S springs in the Duster. It really helped it launch.
The back did sit higher. But I flipped the front spring mount to
get it back down to about stock height. I use the orignal style
pinion snubber also. I like this set up. But then I'm not putting
alot of hp the the ground. 375 at the flywheel. The car runs
12.90s at 105. Hope this helps. Green Duster.

I have 2800# SS springs on the back of my Valiant. They hook nice and really reduced body roll from the rear. They are a little stiffer but far from harsh. Here is how it sits with them.
100_0057s.jpg

Mine ride great and the height looks stock with the front hangars flipped like Brian said. I wouldn't do it any other way until you're getting to really insane pretty much track-only power levels.

Best bang for the buck Mopar rear suspension, IMHO.

Yes, the passenger side will sit a little higher if you put them in your car and change nothing. But you can offset the leaning by tightening up the drivers side torsion bar to make it level. It is what they call "wedge" in the circle track world.

Chuck

I went from wornout 6cy leafs to 002/003's and I love 'em. Now I'm not hardcore racing or anything but the ride is better and they hook up better than my old 6cyl leafs...but then again anything would have been an improvement. If your not into the S/S you could always go with XHD springs....they're a good option too. They do sit a little higher on one side, but it's not bad and I personally like the higher ride height look. I cranked my t-bars up to match it and I think Darts in particular look better a little higher...here's a pic of my car.

IMG_1776.jpg

I just ordered the MP XHD leaf springs which should arrive at the end of the week. From what I've read and been told, the XHD springs (L) and (R) have equal lift (unlike the SS springs where the (R) one has a ~1" lift) but the right spring has the leaves positioned differently to counter the natural dip on acceleration on the passenger side.

The SS springs are better suited to dragracing, they work just fine on my 11 second Duster. If your car is mostly street, get the XHD leafs. I ordered a set from Mancini for the 73 Dart we are redoing and they do sit the car up about 1" higher than stock height as advertized . I will be getting another set for the wifes 74 Duster.

I had 002/003s on my Barracuda. I didnt care for how it sat. The ride was ok though. No worse then the old springs and air shocks they replaced.

86.jpg

85.jpg

-
Back