Super Stock springs

-

pete walton

Reaction score
After checking out the photos of my recent return to the track ,i noticed the car loads up on the passenger side on launch . I am presuming the rear springs are SS springs but i can not match the part nos .
Also it rides a bit to high at the rear.Rear shocks are Comp Engineering three ways.

Front torsion bars are from a 6 cylinder.Car weighs 2800 lbs. So i was thinking pull a leaf out of each spring and invest in a better set of shocks .Also try some bands on the front section of the springs.

Was going to buy some new SS springs ,,,but the last couple of sets i have seen shipped in from the states have taken a set, after a couple of meetings ..any advice would be a big help . Thanks from a very cold and wet England today

Even Top Fuel cars load the right side- it is a torque reaction. And super stock springs have more arch in them.

ss springs for 2800 lbs ,,put extra clamps on front section only-remove all clamps on rear section, mopar LONG drag shocks in back , pinion snubber exactly 7/8 from floor(weld plate above spot to get abused by snubber)
front 3 way comp adjustable....
this on my dart with et street tires pulled 2' wheelies all day
this is all basic mopar stuff,nothing crazy,streetable and tell everyone you still have bone stock suspension exactly as Grandma drove it to church in the 60's !!

I witnessed this first hand.

If your car goes striaght, then your good. If it goes to one side, then that side is biting more/better and you'll need to adjust your suspension. Tweak it.

After checking out the photos of my recent return to the track ,i noticed the car loads up on the passenger side on launch . I am presuming the rear springs are SS springs but i can not match the part nos .
Also it rides a bit to high at the rear.Rear shocks are Comp Engineering three ways.

Front torsion bars are from a 6 cylinder.Car weighs 2800 lbs. So i was thinking pull a leaf out of each spring and invest in a better set of shocks .Also try some bands on the front section of the springs.

Was going to buy some new SS springs ,,,but the last couple of sets i have seen shipped in from the states have taken a set, after a couple of meetings ..any advice would be a big help . Thanks from a very cold and wet England today

SS springs will make the *** end of the car sit higher and slighlty higher on the pass side (on mine they do at least) .

Try clamping the front segments--its a trial and error thing. I would not remove a leaf.

Shocks - ive tried 3 different sets (MP , CE, and stock ram shocks) --some people get different results-- i got the same with 3 different shocks. I know it depends on the car.

Make sure your rear hangers are angled back at the bottom

Hope it dries up for ya and you can get to the track !

-
Back