super stock suspension

-

BIG-B-Barracuda

Reaction score
okay so some time ago i switch my 1968 Barracuda Notch over from stock to SS leaf springs and drag shocks.

my question to you guys is - can i deARCH the leafs and get a 1-2 inch drop even though i have longer drag shocks or would i be wasting my time and not get a lower heigh because of longer shocks?

thanks guys.

IMO, Probably depends on where the long shocks bottom when collapsed I would think. You don't want to blow the tops of the shocks into the rear seat back because the lack the travel.

I used these from Rick Ehrenberg.. Got them off e-bay..Lowered mine an inch or so...

DSCF0031 (Copy).JPG

then i would have to also but new brackets because they wont be long enough.

also, dont really like the look of having huge blucks under there.

Wouldn't you have to redjust your pinion angle/shim it to keep it in the correct location with those hangers?

I have run them with 2" blocks and the front mounts moved up....but in the end I would never use SS springs again on a street car unless I was trying to build some period correct 60's replica drag car. Sell them and get something else is my take...

YEAH , i understand.
at first i really liked the stance but not would settle for stock replacement suspension.

are those hangers that same ones on manicini's web site.

(013) hangers. ? on the web site it says nothing about these providing a one inch drop so i want to make sure its the same. Mancini Racing Spring Hanger Set

also would it make sense to buy these or would i get the same drop by turning my stock ones upside down?

Here is the item# 222268314760 for the ones i bought off of E-bay... ad says lowers 1 inch....take a look.. price is like 71 bucks shipped...

LET ME ASk you this when installing how do you differentiate from instalLing upright or down?

THAK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

ALRIGHT so i got them in the other day the hangers from link posted above.

and just to double check i will get a lower ride height if i use the upper or lower holes on hangers?

its the upper, correct?

As much as i have tried i have been not able to bring my self to start up the mini project of installing these bad boys.

i wanted also disassemble my springs and de arch them a tiny bit.

i will update as soon as i do this one.

thanks again for all your help

okay so some time ago i switch my 1968 Barracuda Notch over from stock to SS leaf springs and drag shocks.

my question to you guys is - can i deARCH the leafs and get a 1-2 inch drop even though i have longer drag shocks or would i be wasting my time and not get a lower heigh because of longer shocks?

thanks guys.
Yes, you can dearch them, first measure the arch presently then determine hoe much you want to lower, ratio is 1 to 1. put springs between something VERY study and bend opposite of the arch with a hydraulic pump jack check results before going too far.

-
Back