super sucker

-

1970 La

Reaction score
any body seen any hp gaines from the 1 or 2 inch super suckers spacers on their mopar?

i haven't really seen any kind of power gain, i got one because i switched to a different air cleaner and it was much lower and i still wanted it to grab fresh air out of the hood scoop.

some claim around 15 hp. i still run the old 1 inch morroso have ran them for years. i hate to spend 100.00 bucks for nothing, but pretty cheap for 15-20 hp.

I have a 1" on my 340 with a M1 single plane and 650 Holley DP, put it on when engine was new, never ran it without it but it seems to work fine, quality was top notch, claims to ad the extra HP.

My cousin is running one on his 79 Stang, he likes it too.

i have a 2" 4 hole spacer on my slant... like most others i havn't tried without or a different/small one but seems to have no issues

Seen them make hp, take hp and not add any.

Only way to know is try one out. No guarantee that it makes more HP with the spacer.

Mine had better throttle response with the tapered spacer, but no noticeable change in ET.

I might have my 2in 4hole for sale if it does not make a difference on my combo for me.

am i right in thinking that with any part installed on a hotrod you have to tune the motor differently for it to have any change in horse power.

very true...

what i think it might make a difference with is adjusting runner length... i.e. pulse tuning... also adjusting plenum volume to a correct size...

A friend had a 25RWHP (and noticeable seat of the pants) increase on a 10-1 360 with mild J's and the Mp557 cam.
But he ran the old Offy port-o-sonic untouched and the MP engine manual says they need plenum work, so maybe the sucker helped the bad distribution??

My 440 likes my home made 1" tapered spacer, no dyno comparison tho, its just crisper in the mid-range under load.

An other bloke I pit for has a 12.9-1 350 :eek:ops: 227cnc heads, .77 roller, eddy intake and 2 UHP750's, that made 583 no spacers and 598 with 2" super suckers.

10 years ago when I still ran a 6 I found far less bog with my home made tapered spacer, comparing it to open spacers or no spacer.
Way over carbed tho, 800cfm on a 271" 6cyl.

Try one and find out :thumrigh:
Godspeed.

very true...

what i think it might make a difference with is adjusting runner length... i.e. pulse tuning... also adjusting plenum volume to a correct size...

I agree. I use open spacers all the time to add plenum and help the air turn. The truth is, if a shaped spacer adds a bunch if power, the engine probably does not have the best intake, carb, or intake and carb for the combo.

..............Every engine is different in there wants/needs........i've ran the open and 4 hole spacers in 1 in and 2 in....with variring results,......i've never tried the super sucker though............kim...........

i may just try a 2 inch spacer some day to see if there is any gains with it. i run a strip dominator and a 850 on a 340 with the 1 inch moroso.

My current 340 has a 2" spacer on a Torker 340 and a 750. The new stroker was dyno'd with a 1" phenolic blended spacer for the 830 that I will try to use. Setting up a kickdown bracket for the lower height now. Just from the looks of it and how the Victor 340 opening compared to the carb throttle plate openings it looks like the flow would transition better.

We'll see.

yeah i just got a victor 340 off of ebay 135.00 smoking deal. haven't ran it but i have got a 2 inch aluminum spacer that looks like a super sucker but does not fit my strip dominator very well and fits the victor perfect. let me know how it works out.

-
Back