Superbird Barn Find

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few popping up in Sacramento/SF Bay

The one is SF was a pace car in 69 or something, I dont remember.

It almost looks like somebody put the Superbird goods on an old Roadrunner. Why is all of the paint still on the nose, wing, and scoops but gone on the rest of the car? If it`s for real and the 440-6 pack engine and original transmission are still there then somebody could have a nice ride.

With as much work as that car needs, you'd be underwater in no time. Personally don't think it's worth 55K with what's out there already done and running.

If it's a real Bird, it's a cool car no doubt.

I thought there was a different bird in the area that was a clone and they wanted 25K

Those cars will bring twice his asking price if restored correctly.

If it is the REAL DEAL and not a FAKE Vin etc.........It would cost you at least DOUBLE the asking price to do the RESTORE ALONE!!

I am DEAD serious............no B.S. I mean to do it correct with no short cuts!

If it is the REAL DEAL and not a FAKE Vin etc.........It would cost you at least DOUBLE the asking price to do the RESTORE ALONE!!

I am DEAD serious............no B.S. I mean to do it correct with no short cuts!

If that`s the case, spend another 55k on it. Hire Richard Petty to drive it on to the auction block at Barrett Jackson. Bingo...........250K :D

Wish I could just find a wing.

I bet that car will bring that price. Seems the birds always sale for
more than I think they are worth.

There was one at Carlisle and the Nats about 2 years ago on a trailer and somebody was asking 100K and it need a full restoration.

For that kind of money its probably still on the trailer! (lol)

If that`s the case, spend another 55k on it. Hire Richard Petty to drive it on to the auction block at Barrett Jackson. Bingo...........250K :D

What I meant was after the purchase of the car it will cost over 100k to restore that car correctly in my opinion. So you WILL have 150k+ in it if you bought it for 50k.

As far as the price, an all-original just went up here for like $130,000. It could be a good investment if the metal was straight and most of the parts were there (and you had the time and money to finish it).

LOL, my 51-year-old eyes thought his asking price was $5,500.00
I agree, buy the red one which has already been restored for $135,000.00

Sold My Bird One Year Ago.
The Market Was Twice As Good As Now.
Had A Hell Of A Time .
Tire Kickers
Window Shoppers
Chevy Traders
The Low Offers Were The Best.

Most of the car appears to be there,but without knowing much about the car other than a few pics...even if I had it in cash I wouldnt pay that.

Could be a huge restoration.Looks like there's no glass....

Well......

Make: R= Plymouth Belvedere/Satellite
Price Class: M = Medium, Roadrunner
Body Type: 23 = 2 door hard top
Engine: V = 440 390HP 3-2BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 0 = 1970
Assembly Plant: A = Lynch Road, MI, USA
Sequence Number: 167913 = 67913th Vehicle

-RPM

It almost looks like somebody put the Superbird goods on an old Roadrunner. Why is all of the paint still on the nose, wing, and scoops but gone on the rest of the car? If it`s for real and the 440-6 pack engine and original transmission are still there then somebody could have a nice ride.
It has the right hood and fenders and back window to be a real bird.
I know of a twin to that car that sold for near double that price in need of resto but was complete and original,oh yah that was 4 years ago.But someone will buy that car and I will bet they will pay near the asking price.

What I meant was after the purchase of the car it will cost over 100k to restore that car correctly in my opinion. So you WILL have 150k+ in it if you bought it for 50k.

I was looking to do a '70 Challenger HEMI 'vert clone. I found a car for $10K that needed just about every piece of sheetmetal and part of the frame replaced. We're talking fenders, quarters, cowl, hood, trunk, rockers, floors, etc. It would need a new interior, top, HEMI engine, trans. Everything. The local guy that does Mopar restorations gave me a quote of $75K to build a clone. He's got one himself - silver with red interior and red stripe. WOW!

So ya... $100K to restore the Super Bird. Most likely.

Wylde1.

wellguys bac in1981was buildingf a 69 road runner there wasa bird at carlisle 440 auto oncolum $2500.00 n u could drive it home mani shoulda but thats life

I thought Super Birds where RM21 not RM23. I had a stroke a few years ago so my info is off and wrong all the time lol.

I think in the long run it would be better to buy one done then to restore unless you want the fun of doing it.

I remember in the 80s I didnt have my liscense yet and found two super birds for 8000 and my mom and dad both said its a mopar they have no resale value.

every time one goes across the block on Barret Jackson I turne the tv on for them and say it has no resale value.

Oh and on those two cars they had a parts car and a lot extra parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back