Superbird Barn Find

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny to me that the birds sell for so much. My uncle said if you had one around here when he was a teen, people laughed at you.

If it is the REAL DEAL and not a FAKE Vin etc.........It would cost you at least DOUBLE the asking price to do the RESTORE ALONE!!

I am DEAD serious............no B.S. I mean to do it correct with no short cuts!

Fake... The Superbird registry shows this car was owned by a DJ named Rome Benedict in Chattanooga Tenn until 1989. Rome has since passed away.
So the VIN checks out according to the registry but that doesn't mean the car shouldn't be checked for matching body numbers to insure its a real Bird.

I thought you had a Hemi?......... Yeah its in the shop getting a foot print gas pedal installed, so I stole this heap..... Joe Dirt

Theres A Kentucky Fried Bird On Ebag.
And Its Over $8,000
Can You Say Rebody??

Not sure but I thought the rivots for the vin tag would be hex not round? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

You maybe on to something there 82. Any rivets i've dealt with were hex shaped. Good eye.
Small Block

Good eyes indeed.... certainly doesn't look like original VIN rivets and we didn't get a look a the fender tag.

Maybe the question should be "Wonder where the rest of the car is"

Hell for any of the above listed prices, I'd be happy just building a clone! I just dig the looks of the wing cars, could care less if I own a real one or not.

Look closely. Those are the correct rivets. And SuperBirds were all RM23's

Those are rossette rivets in the pic and look to be correct.The color has been wiped off of them,should be black.It looks like someone might have tried to clean the tag to make the #s more visible.Just my two cents(I have a set hanging on the wall in my playroom to compare with)

figured I'd post the pics before the ad was pulled

3k43mc3od5O05P05R8a16a7a8b40f313813fd.jpg

3kc3m03p05Pc5Re5S8a16264b4829594d1204.jpg

3nd3k33pf5Oa5P95Saa16fadf292dd9421a2a.jpg

3n23k03od5O15Pf5R8a1673e4c64afa8b120b.jpg

The last time that I saw this Superbird the roof skin had been removed along with several more items. The car has been in Arkansas since Rome owned it until not long ago. Like all cars this one has a story in this case several. If someone buys it PM for all of the info. Disclaimer - this is not, nor has this ever been, one of my cars! I do have a mate to this; but it is a few #`s off. By the way if the #`s are RM23U0A it can only be a Superbird; if the #`s are RM23V0A or RM23R0A not necessarily so. Wayne

After Watching Bj Auction Last Night ,this Pile Is Worth $20,000

Its A Ford Auction Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back